Quick Lift/droopy Eyelid/resurface of Below Eye - Sterling Heights, MI

I was experiencing vision problems due to my...

I was experiencing vision problems due to my droopy eyelids. My eyes were always tired from having to work the muscles to keep my eyes open. I was tired of the comments from others saying how tired I always looked. When I visited Dr. Berkowitz for a consultation, I also brought to his attention my other concerns, such as jawline jowls and neck. He told me all of these issues could be addressed at the same time with one surgery. I was provided with pre op meds instuctions that began 2 weeks prior to the surgery in preparation for the surgery which included both facial cleansing and medications to be taken in preparation of the surgery. The surgery began at the scheduled time and I was out of recovery and back home with a matter of a little over 4 hours. I was made to feel comfortable by the attending staff upon arrival. I had been told exactly what to expect from the time of the surgery to present as far as recovery expectations. I experienced no pain or discomfort other than the discomfort of having to sleep on my back with a couple of pillows propped up for the first couple of weeks. I was provided with both verbal and written instructions at the time I was discharged as at the time of my post op visits in addition to being provided with the facial creams/ointments required for the recovery period. For the first time in my life (that I can remember), I have eyelids!!! I have received such positive feedback from family and friends at how my eyes now stand out - how smooth my face looks - how much younger I look without the saggy jowls. The recovery period was incredible in the fact of how painless and quick it was.
Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon

I am totally pleased with Dr. Berkowitz, whom I chose to perform the proceedure. He took the time to answer all of my questions and concerns no matter how much time it took. He answered all my questions in entirety. He told me exactly what to expect of the surgery and post op at the first day, first week, etc. Nothing in the recovery was a surprise - because he took the time to inform me, I knew exactly what to expect. Post op instructions were given verbally and in writing for me to take home and refer to. If I placed a phone call with questions, it was either answered immediately or I received a call back in a short period of time on the same day. I experienced no pain or discomfort. The most uncomfortable thing for me was having to sleep on my back with a couple of pillows propped under my head (since I am a stomach sleeper). My post op appointments were always on time. I was taken to an examing room and attended to upon arrival. I would not hesitate to recommended Dr. Berkowitz to anyone contemplating cosmetic surgery.

Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf! It sounds like you're doing great after your quick lift.