Trouble After Nearly 4 Months - Sterling Heights, MI

I took advantage of a "groupon" deal and...

I took advantage of a "groupon" deal and went to a cosmetic surgery spa in Sterling Heights, MI. So, you get what you pay for. My Mixto laser procedure was done by an esthetician, not the doctor. Big mistake.

It has been nearly four months since my procedure and my face is still a mess. The biggest problem is that the procedure caused my skin to become extremel sensitive. I still suffer from itchy blisters, mainly on the right side of my face. And I really cannot see any improvement in my skin as far as tightening, fewer wrinkles, etc.

I truly wish that I had not had this done. I am an a user of cosmetic procedures on a fairly regular basis and have never had a reaction like this.

I am sorry this happened to you. If you have not, please file a report with the FDA, via their adverse event report filing system. This might help protect others in the future. It is important to have an official record of these injuries so that they are documented. There is no time limit for filing the report. It is never too late to file.

Your name and the name of the doctor will not be on public display but only viewable by the FDA. If you reported this outcome to your doctor it was their obligation to notify the mfg, who was then supposed to file a report with the FDA but that does not always happen. Each patient still needs to file their own report with the FDA so you will have a voice and you can be sure the damage was reported and documented.

You can file the report online at this link below, just click the "Begin" button to the right. You will need the manufacturer and model (or at least that would be helpful) of device that harmed you.

Hi Detroit,

Welcome to the Mixto Laser community. I'm sorry this happened, and can't believe you are still dealing with blisters. Have you been back to either the same doctor or another to see what happened or if there is anything they could do? Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

Accents

Rude doctor. Spent about 30 seconds with me and then handed me off to a "technician".