SO Pleased to Get Rid of my Eye Bags - Sterling Heights, MI

I had my upper lids done about 5 years ago by...

I had my upper lids done about 5 years ago by another surgeon and was very happy with the results. My only regret was not having done the lower lids at the same time, as I had significant bagging. I read a review of Dr. Berkowitz's results combining lower lid surgery technique and decided to wait no longer. He recommended a procedure that is an area of expertise for him - lower lid bleph combined with CO2 laser treatment. He told me to expect around 10 days for healing. I knew from looking at the web that the major healing was going to be related more to the CO2 resurfacing than anything else. Dr. Berkowitz generally does the stitching on the inside of the lower lid, so those incisions would not be a major factor. I scheduled the procedure for 10 days before thanksgiving and crossed my fingers that I would be a lucky fast healer. The procedure itself was a breeze. Even that day was no biggie. Over the next couple of days the controlled burn under my eyes got redder and more oozie. I knew this was coming and I followed instructions carefully. I was pretty much a shut in, seeing only my family and taking my dog for walks with a hat and huge sunglasses. After a week I still looked awful and was getting restless. Days 8, 9, and 10 were awful, as I grew more and more anxious about Thanksgiving and the fact that there was no way I could tolerate makeup on the red, oozing skin. Finally on the 10th day, they gave me the ok to put on mineral makeup for just the few hours I would be in public for dinner. I did, although I felt very self conscious, like the foundation was sitting on top of two pools of ooze. As soon as I took the makeup off the skin, which was getting closer to healing, seemed more raw and red. Over the next few days I wore makeup only when I absolutely had to go in public, and each time I did I felt very self conscious and the skin seemed to go backwards in the healing process. 15 days after the procedure I had just one small area of raw skin about the size of a lima bean. 18 days after the procedure the skin was fully healed over and I could cover the redness with mineral makeup with confidence. I feel that if I had not scheduled the procedure so close to a public event, I would have been able to let the skin heal more before trying to use makeup and the last week would have gone better. I am now 8 months out and could not be happier about the procedure. It is a huge improvement and I don't look tired all the time anymore. The skin healed beautifully and Dr. Berkowitz knows what he is doing. My only advice is to give yourself PLENTY of time to heal without pressure. The longer you can let the skin heal without irritating it with mineral makeup the better. My photo shows the day by day progress with a "before" pic at either end.
Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dr. Berkowitz is exceptionally skilled and professional.