Completely Eliminated My Hyperpigmentation - Steamboat Springs, CO

I'm a 37 woman with fairly nice skin with very few...

I'm a 37 woman with fairly nice skin with very few fine lines or wrinkles. I do have very fair, pinkish toned skin, however and I like the sun. I started noticing over the last couple summers that my skin was starting to look kind of splotchy, with some dark sun spots, as well as a several patches of melasma over my cheek bone areas that occurred during pregnancy. I also had a very superficial scar on my cheek from a car accident. That skin looked lighter than the rest. After combining all these things, my skin wasn't looking so pretty anymore and I was very self-conscious about it.

I went in for a consultation at the Aesthetica Medical Spa in Steamboat Springs, Colorado where I live. They were extremely knowledgeable and professional and recommended a Melanage Mini Peel for treatment of my skin issues. I was fairly apprehensive, as I had heard horror stories about chemical peels gone wrong, but was able to put my brave face forward and made an appointment to receive the treatment.

The procedure was painless and took only about an hour. I left the office wearing the mask and was instructed to remove it after 6 hours. I was also sent home with a complete skin care kit which contained everything I would need to take care of my skin post-peel.

The first day following my peel, my skin was red and felt tight, but no peeling yet. I used the products as instructed and by day 2, my peeling had begun. My peeling was even lasted about 3 days. After about a week, my skin, while still pretty red, was absolutely gorgeous. The peel alone had removed 85% of my dark spots and melasma. I used the Melanage 2 cream for another 2 weeks and I now have beautiful, soft, smooth, even toned skin.

This peel was $300 and totally worth every cent. My skin looks 10 years younger and I'm thrilled. Thank you Melanage!

It sounds like you found a great treatment for yourself! That is great that it took care of multiple concerns for you.

What did you use to clean and moisturize your face the first week after the peel?

Aesthetica Medical Spa