Don't Take the Risk - Staten Island, NY

This doctor refused to take any resposibility and...

This doctor refused to take any resposibility and will not fix what he did..im pissed and disappointed too.My motivation was that I had ptosis especially on my right top eyelid , now ’m 2 months post-op from a very depressing upper and lower blepharoplasty I have a lump beside my right eye that is due to the stitching , my eyes do not stay closed at night.What my syrgeon told me was, "a internal stitch fell out, becouse I'm .rubbed my eyes too vigorously (due to allergies) that the eyelid surgery stitches broke. This is not truth, my left eyelid.wasthe same from 1 day after surgery, from beginning is much droopier than the right one. Both need fixing, but, one is clearly worse than the other. This causes extreme tell me, go to discomfort and its hard to get a full nights sleep. I also suffer from dry eye, and my eyes hurt most of the time.. It felt like sands inside . My eyes look uneven, I have wrinkles and excess skin where my bags used to be, and I have dealt with depression over how I look.For the first month and a half after the operation, I noticed all of these issues intermittently but I didn’t panic because I was still recovering
.But by the two-month mark when I went for my follow-up, I wasn’t getting better and my doctor knew it. She didn’t seem pleased th, the lower lids don't move.The work down with things either but nonetheless she kept telling me to wait for it to get better.This doctor should not be allowed to operate on anyone's eyes ever again!!! I also need all new glasses now as the surgeries have changed my vision greatly. I put drops in constantly for dry eye and earlier I had a corneal erosion - very painful,plus I have *severe* scleral show - when I look up, the lower lids don't move.The work down on my eyes was very sloppy. Meyes and look unnatural and unappealing. Because of this result, I've suffered with a lot of pain that was unplanned for, tremendous pain and severe depression . I went for this kind of procedure with an eagerness and hopefulness considering the promises.made in the advertisement magazine 'edical office" and TV.
.m am praying to God that some other occuloplastic surgeon help me.. I will be doing a lot of research this time and I am hoping to find a great doctor to help me.
Manhattan Ophthalmologist

Do not believe everything your surgeon tells you - I completely believed the staff and now pay for it every day.DO YOUR HOMEWORK !!!! Do not assume because a doctor is Board Certified they know what they are doing

So sorry to hear this! Take your time and find a different physician. Don't give up!!
Sorry that you had this experience and you were treated this way. They are not all the same. Trust me. Hopefully you will find someone that you can trust to make things right.

Thank you for sharing this experience. I hope you find support from our community.

What a horrible nightmare for you! It seems that your Dr. did not have the proper experience to do the work for you. I am glad to see that you are researching experts for a possible revision. I have seen some experiences of people with poor results that have had wonderful results after getting a revision done from a really good qualified surgeon. Take heart, someone WILL be able to fix it for you- I know that is not much comfort right now, but, I wish you all the best of luck for the future revision that you seek.