Negative Results - Statesboro, GA

I have had a number of Botox treatments with Dr....

I have had a number of Botox treatments with Dr. McGovern. This last time she insisted I needed double the usual amount and the results were horrible. Not only did she leave me with a speech impediment, I looked like I'd had a stroke. Her solution was more Botox and some other expensive treatment to even it out, which I declined.

I'm sorry to hear your Botox didn't turn out well. I'm curious how this resulted in a speech impediment. Can you fill us in on that?

Dr. McGovern injected the area around the sides of my lips to help prevent sagging around the jaw line. This resulted in loss of control of my upper lip. When I tried to say a word with an 'f' in it, it made a flapping noise like air coming out of a balloon. This condition lasted for several months.

Oh ok, I can understand that. I had a tiny bit of Botox around my mouth just to try it once, and I didn't care for it either. I can see how it could affect speech. Has it completely worn off now, or are you still dealing with it?

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

She was recommended by a friend who doesn't go there any more, either. I gave her a 1-star because I had a few treatments that were OK. She has a sour disposition and is very defensive when questioned about procedure or results. While injecting the Botox she talked only about other procedures she had to offer. I really should have cancelled the payment.