Body Lift After Massive Weight Loss Gone Horrible

I had a body lift after massive weight loss. It...

I had a body lift after massive weight loss. It included a belt lipectomy and fleur-de-lis abdominoplasty, breast implants, arm lift, medial thigh and was supposed to include the butt. Hee never did the butt. He did remove the excess skin, however, the work itself was mostly bad. The abdominoplasty was the best on me; the boob job was a monstrosity and the butt and thighs were not completed. I made a complaint to the medical board it was so substandard.

The aftermath

I tried to get my medical records from Dr. Bisseck. The notes he gave me were incredibly incomplete and contained outright lies. His notes didn't contain basic things like records of my complaints, prescription information and the section around my boob job is absent entirely. I was the first patient he ever used Strattice on. Shouldn't there be notes?
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

At first it was a very good dynamic with Dr. Bisseck, but his wife and primary nurse has no boundaries. She was wildly inappropriate and then Dr. Bisseck ended up being a no‚Äčn-communicative bigot. I would not recommend. They seem nice and ethical, but it is only a cover.

doc like that should be banned for a year and if they dont fix it take there lic. same with the hospitals they need to check behind there doc and if they do crappy job,s fire them they only made them look bad and drive others away
Yes, but how do I find an attorney?
You need to look in the phone book for a medical malpractice attorney and consult with them to see what your chances are. Most of them only get paid if you win the case so they won't take on the case unless they think they can win.
Thank you so much for being brave enough to post your pictures and tell your story. Can I please private message you?
@LisaLias Yes, please do. I will answer any question you have.
I am so sorry your experience was soo bad! A body lift when done correctly and IN THE RIGHT HANDS is an **amazing** thing. Glad you made a complaint. hope you consider a revision maybe with a doctor that specializes in post massive weight loss.....
Thank you for your compassion. The experience with Dr. Bisseck has been both physically and emotionally harrowing. How do I find someone qualified to revise that I can trust won't harm me?
Well, the way i went about it is that i **only** looked at doctors that 1) Listed Body Lifts as one of their procedures 2) had pictures of said body lifts that i liked. This is a "hallmark" procedure of surgeons that specialize in Post Massive Weight Loss (MWL) patients. You may have to travel to find someone who does these procedures. I live in Atlanta i did not find anyone i was fully satisfied with here. My surgeon is in San Antonio! Best of luck :-).
Patients here who have had body lifts and on ObesityHelp can be a great referral source. Good luck to you!
Thank you. I will look into those resources.
It breaks my heart to read stories such as yours, and there are plenty of them here on RealSelf. I am very sorry this happened to you. I know that you need to catch your breath right now, but when you are ready I recommend getting a consult with some of the plastic surgeons who are renown for their work on massive weight loss patients. I had all of the procedures that you had and love my results and paid only $25,000. Hang on there. These surgeries are hard enough on us emotionally without the added burden of dealing with failed results.
Welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm sorry you didn't get the results you were looking for!

Are you planning on having any revisions done?
I'm still a bit emotional from this experience that I don't feel I am ready yet to make that decision. But thank you for asking. It does give some focus to my presently spinning thoughts and feelings.
I feel terrible for you. How awful to lose so much weight and to spend that much money on surgery to have it go so badly. I hope there is some way you can get your money back so you can find someone else to redo what your surgeon did. You never really know what your results are going to be. Mine didn't turn out perfect (I still have a lot of excess skin above my mid-section) but the rest of it turned out okay - not spectacular like some of the results on here but nothing like what happened to you. Good luck.
@momofthreepixies Thank you for your sympathy. I am working on confronting the financial component. I took a look at your profile. You look great to me! Well done on the weight loss and surgery and the parenting.
I am SO truly sad you had this terrible experience! I had the same procedures done, and I know the feeling of having the expectation of a wonderful result, it breaks my heart to think that you trusted your PS to improve your body, and he did not produce the result I am sure you were expecting. I applaud you for telling your story, and posting pictures...I am sure you are helping others with your story.
@lferraro Thank you for your compassion. I feel very thwarted in my bodily goals by the results of this proccedure.