I am 5'5", weigh 126 - Waiting for Results - Saint Paul, MN

I am 5'5", weigh 126 and am generally athletic but...

I am 5'5", weigh 126 and am generally athletic but wanted to shed the mid life bulge that attached itself to my previously svelte mid-section.
I went to Dermatology Consultants in St. Paul, Minnesota. I've used the practice for years for my dermatology concerns and thought my positive experience in dermatology would carry over to the experience with cool sculpting. Though the practitioners were nice and helpful, I was not very impressed with their knowledge of the equipment. It took several attempt to attach the hand piece to the "flank" on one side When they were done, there was about a 4" difference in the placement as was obvious from the red marks. I was worried it would result in a lopsided result. So far, this hasn't been an issue, because I really have not seen any results. It seems that one is supposed to wait for several months to experience results, but most of the positive reviews seem to indicate that results were experienced in about 4 weeks. I have been using a tape measure to compare and have had no loss in inches, despite being a couple lbs lighter than when I had the procedure done.
In regards to pain, for the procedure, minimal. Afterwards, not pain per se but numbness and tightness that prevented me from doing a few things when I was playing tennis. Almost 6 weeks later, numbness persists a bit.

I've seen that results can take anywhere from 1-4 months to appear, so you're definitely still in the "normal" period. Good luck, and please keep us posted.

about 2 months later - before and after

The results are subtle but I think after all that I have had results. I can't understand why these results to translate into inches lost with a tape measure or even loser clothing! But a "pinch" test and this photograph does detect some discernible change.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Dermatology Consultants