A Year Later and the Fat is Back

I had the smart lipo done Januray 2009. At first I...

I had the smart lipo done Januray 2009. At first I was amazed that the little bit of fat the surrounds the belly button was GONE! Everything flat and smooth! Here we are a year later and it is back, fat around the belly button, love handle are still gone but don't seem as firm of skin as before.

I work out vigorously and eat nothing but healthy, haven't gained a pound, but I want to know why it hasn't stayed true. The Med spa I went to closed last summer and I can't find the doc or nurses....and why would they want to help now?

I got a quick look "wow you heal extremely fast, everything looks good"...Good bye.

wow that makes me sad becuase i go get mine surgery done April 9, 2010 i think you should try a touch up, i know thts more money but just think how happy it will make you.

wow thats scary! Did you have smart lipo or lipodissolve? Thats what worries me about smart lipo is that its so new and people dont know too much about the long term effects and results. Its weird that you had such good results and it came back after you were taking care of yourself. I was told it is harder for the area treated to gain back the fat since alot of the fat cells are destroyed. The fact that you cant find the doctor that did your procedure is fishy. Maybe they were not board certified and didnt know what they were doing and went to a new area because of too many complaints. I would definitely go see a board certified doctor and see what they say. Also report your doctor to the state board so they do not keep taking peoples money.

I had smart lipo. I am sooo angry I cannot express the frustration. I actually did research and found that the med spa I went to has moved. They are in Kansas City. I emailed them, explaining what I had done and by whom and asked if there was anything taht could be done. The dr that did it is still with them it looks like. Reflections body solutions. Dr. Chamdon I don't know if I'd have it done again or what I want from them, but I do know that I WANT THE RESULTS that I was supposed to get.
Did the doctor do smart lipo with suction? I have heard this is more effective but I have not had immediate results even with the suction. I had my chin/jowl area done and one side turned out great and the other side looks puffy, so I can't say I'm completely satisfied yet, I am 2 weeks post op.
Smart lipo is with suction, yes. He did that. I had a total of "two soda cans" sucked out of abs, upper and lower and flanks. You won't see full results for a while. I wish you luck b.c. I wish I'd kept my 5grand and little love handles!
I really wish I had saved my money. The area I had done was not that noticeable to begin with, just a tiny bit of fat, but seems like the recovery time is hell...not the picture that was painted by the office. I can only give a half smile due to nerve damage and one side of my face looks good and the other side looks worse than it did before. I am almost 3 weeks post op and I was told since I had such a little amount removed that I would look great in 2 weeks, which is not the case. I also have a dent/dimple on my jawline which looks really bad because it draws attention to the uneveness. It looks like under one side of my jawline it's either fat that didn't get removed or swelling. If my face ends up looking the same as it did pre-surgery I would be upset about spending the money and recovery time but I would feel better about my appearance than I do right now.