Beyond Thrilled! - St Louis, MO

Gaunt, hollow tear troughs and cheeks

Gaunt, hollow tear troughs and cheeks

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Due to a sudden weight loss, I had sunken cheeks and bags/hollows under my eyes. I'm 35 and contantly looked worn out and gaunt. I'd seen several surgeons and was told everything from "no options" to "cheek implants", "face lift", etc. I'd tried Restylane in the tear troughs and it was gone within 5 days and the doc told me I just metabolized it quickly. I was so frustrated with nothing seeming to work. I started to look for a doc that specialized in face surgery, hoping for a solution. I found Dr. N, 4 hours away, but I'm so glad I did. He was very warm but also professional. He laid out my options and I decided to try the Restylane again, after he explained that it probably did not metabolize, but settled and needed a refill (which the previous doc didn't offer). We did it in the tear troughs and make an appointment for a touch-up in 3 weeks. He was right; it looked great at first, but it settled and needed a little bit more. When I came back I asked him what he thought about my cheeks. He felt confident filler would correct it. I agreed and when he finished and I looked in the mirror, I was floored - after almost 2 years of looking like I suffered from wasting disease, I looked healthy again! I'm so grateful that I didn't have to go through cheek implants or a facelift at 35. In 5 minutes it was solved! He really knows his stuff!!