Retexture After Acne Scars - St. Louis, MO

Good. But the numbing cream didn't help me not...

Good. But the numbing cream didn't help me not to feel my pain during the session. Anyway, it wasn't too painful but not comfortable. I had my pain for about 10 hours in the point to eat ibuprofen but the next day I was really in good shape. I didn't really experience much of swelling. My face still peels off so I am not sure the final effects are. But, I recommend the stuff at Cosmetic surgery office of Washington Univetsity, st Louis:) they are always nice, you rarely have to wait long and they will give you a good explanation of the whole procedure. And it cost 350$ so it is not the most expensive.

Hurst

I have a scar from an abcess on my face. Abcess started in oct 2011, not mrsa. Took antibiotics. Left a huge pock mark type of scar. Will laser help me?

Jenzy, if you can get a good, close-up picture of the scar I would encourage you to post your question in the Q&A section with the photo(s) attached. That way the board certified doctors who volunteer on here can give you their opinions. :)

What doctor did you have?

Hi st Louis,

Welcome to the Pixel community. Although, a bit painful I'm so glad everything worked so well. You are still peeling, how many days has it been? If everything heels well do you think you will do it again? Please keep us updated and we would love to see pictures.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

Hi, Britt,
i am still peeling:) most of it on left side peeled away but my right side..... It will take longer as the birth mark I have (cafe-au-latte) had few more repetitions of laser on it so it just healed I guess. But most of the skin is better now and except the birth mark area everything looks better. The redness gone and the darker spots of my skin just peel away when I massage it in the water. It is my 3rd day and I hope today when I wake up there will be just few ready spots to peel and there will be no more embarassement in the stores and public places, hahahah.... I will post my pictures, but after my skin heals. I had the picture taken in the doctor's office so I have to ask them to give a copy from before. I already scheduled another session for retexture because one is not enough to see a big difference and some of my scars were not that fresh so it will take up to 2 more treatments. Well, it is a pain but it is nothing comparing to my labor pain, hahaha.... I will keep you posted:)

Yeah, I can only imagine labor would be a lot worse. :) Yes, please do keep us updated.

Thanks,

-Britt

Hello,

Any update on your procedure?
Did this help with your scarring?

Thanks!