do not get fraxel repair - St. Louis, MO

Horrible result. I regret it everyday. I had great...

Horrible result. I regret it everyday. I had great recovery and thought I would love results, but after 4 months my result was worse than when I started with crepey skin under eyes and I was left with hyperpidmentation I did not have that has not responded to tri-luma or hydroquinone or renova or oracea. It aged that area around my eyes I had treated, the rest of my skn is fine. My doctor calls the hyperpigmented area that was treated - melasma- although not there prior to treatment or anywhere else on my face. I really feel cheated and misled bc I trusted him and after having this done found that he had scarred other patients with this treatment prior to recommending it to me. I really hope I can dissuade anyone else from this choice.

Did you have your entire face done or just your eyes? I had my entire face done - I really hit the jackpot with the enlarged pores, overall loss of elasticity but especially around my eyes and the brownish undereye rings. I am at 6 months and hope to see some improvement; however, I am already looking for the best ps eye surgeon to correct my eyes.
I only had my eyes done and there is a vast discrepancy in elasticity of the area treated, now horribly crepey and dry, vs the areas not treated. Where do you live? I am thinking of consulting with an Ophthalmic Plastic Surgeon. I hope more people become aware of how damaging this laser is. Good luck
From your previous posts, I am assuming you are close to 2 years out? I look as though I have two black eyes. Another poster said it took up to a year to fade but that does not seem to be your case. BTW: this is not limited to darker skin types as I have fairly light skin.

Hi hchris,

Welcome to the community and thanks for your review. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Have you been back to your doctor to see why this happened? Please keep us updated.

Thanks,