New Life - Burbank, CA

December 2, 2011 I decided to change my life for...

December 2, 2011 I decided to change my life for the better! I started at 394 lbs and to date January 3rd 2013 I am down to 194! I change all my eating habits and exercise daily and am ready for my next journey. I needed to be healthy i was border line diabetic and now i am in the clear! I had high blood pressure and now have a 119 over 70. I am sharing my diet with others and helping to motivate them and it is a great feeling! My goal was to be under 200 by the new year and i accomplished that goal! I have no complaints about this surgery! Best thing i ever did

Im thinking about having this surgery...any tips?

Hi Alockhart, welcome!

Have you had any appointments yet to speak with some doctors and see if you're a candidate?

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us. Congratulations on your weight loss, you've obviously put a lot of hard work into it and you look great!

Did you find it difficult, changing your diet and giving up a lot of the foods you used to eat?

Thank you! Prior to my surgery I had begun changing eating habits.. Eventually eliminating sugar and fatty foods before surgery so it would be easier after surgery. I took up baking and cooking after surgery and havnt I much as licked any sugary dessert!

That's awesome! So you learned how to cook/bake all low fat, low sugar foods?

Are you now at your final goal weight?

Yes I make all my no sugar and low to fat free ... Food and desserts! Not quite at my goal! I'm not sure what I want to be at. Just wanna keep losing at least another 25

I'm sure you'll get there, sounds like you've put in a lot of hard work! Do keep us updated on your progress!