35 Year Old Mom Needing Lip Augmentation - Dr Recommeneded Implants - St George, UT

I had a chin implant, liposuction on my throat...

I had a chin implant, liposuction on my throat (neck) and lip implants. The implants that were used were kind of like a memory foam and I was told that I wouldn't be able to feel them. Well, I definitely could feel them and not only could I feel them, when I kissed someone they could feel them too! They were not soft or natural feeling at all and my lips couldn't stretch! I had a HUGE beautiful smile all my life and was left with a very tight lipped, small smile. My lips were not fuller, they are still flat, and all the implant did was make the area above my upper lip stick up and you could see that from the profile, but nothing looked any different from the front. I tried massaging and stretching them on my own because the Doctor gave me no help or advice but nothing worked. I finally had the doctor remove them after about four years and he was very unhappy about it. He numbed my lips, made a tiny incision on the inside of my lip and when he went to pull out the implant, my tissue had grown into it. Rather than make a small incision across the inside my lips and carefully remove the material, he just grabbed onto the implant and wrenched and pulled until after several minutes, he finally ripped them out! My mouth has never felt or looked the same and my smile has been ruined forever as well the nerves in my bottom lip are damaged and the movement is really restricted since the "removal" procedure. Don't do it... Its so much easier to go in a couple times a year and get the injections! Your lips are made of soft, delicate tissue and if they get messed up, there isn't any fixing it. For me, I really wish I had never done it.
U understand your frustration this doctor in Sacramento fucked up ma lips too I have a very restricted smile and the stupid foam implant changed to a flat shape, from the edges it had to live this troubles for like over ten years. And so decided to get silicon and see if I can stretch the hell out if my lips. My smile was also beautiful big before and I look very weird I feel horrible very conscious of my smile.
Thank you for sharing your experience. Do you know what type of implants you had?
Dr. Jerry Rhodes

I liked Dr. Rhodes and his staff very much through all my appointments and follow up. They were great right up until there was a problem. Then, the dear doctors demeanor changed. I attempted to discuss my problem and concerns but it was quite obvious that the doctor was angry with the fact that I was so unhappy with the results and complications. He didn't offer advice or give me any tips or ideas to help, he said they looked great, made a big improvement and there wasn't anything that I could do. Never even tried to help or acted like he even cared that I wasn't happy. Though I am pleased with the results of the chin and neck, I can't give him a good score or recommendation due to the fact that when there is a problem, a doctor should step up and do what they can to rectify the situation. I dont expect miracles, I have had procedures done over the years and I am aware that they can't take someone that looks like the bride of Frankenstein and make her look like Christy Brinkley, but I do think that information given to patients should be thorough and accurate about implant materials and potential complications so that the patient can make well informed decisions. This is our faces we are talking about!