Facelift, Necklift, and Laser Rejuvination - Springfield, MO

This surgery is NOT for sissies. I had prepared...

This surgery is NOT for sissies. I had prepared myself and researched for over a year and still was not prepared for all the little things that go on with this.I am exactly 1 week out.
I wanted a facelift to look better as I felt I looked tired and old. I don't feel that way and am very active so I wanted the outside to reflect how I felt inside. I did not expect to feel that pings of anxiety and panic I have felt at times. It has been hard to swallow, chew and I feared that this would not get better. I have a little swelling and bruising but I am actually afraid that this issues will continue even though they have gotten better throughout the week. I have had to force myself to overcome these moments of panic because my logical self knows better. From reading other people's posts here, I knew that psychologically, this would be hard but I just didn't realize how hard it would be. The very fact that my face and neck felt like it was made of concrete the first few days did not occur to me when planning this adventure out. I look like I am made of wood and am supposed to since I can't move my head around. Also, I thought I would enjoy my time off since I never get this much time but have been really tired of TV, computer and sitting around. Because of the resurfacing, I am afraid of the sun, so have stayed in. I know that in time, I am going to love how I look and will be glad that I did this, but for right now, I am anxious that something will go wrong and I will have a permanent lump or bruise for some exotic reason that nobody would have ever figured would happen. I will add to this as I go along and hopefully increase the positives each time. I never would have thought that I would have had so many concerns afterward.

wow...I'm sorry for what you're going through. I sure hope you love your results and have a speedy recovery. Keep us posted. When I was recovering from Rhinoplasty and some other surgeries I had at the same time, I watched 8 seasons of McLeod's Daughters on Netflix. I was so swollen and bruised those first weeks, I didn't want to go anywhere anyway. Good luck.

The swelling is going down, and everything is...

The swelling is going down, and everything is looking good. The feelings of panic are almost gone and I feel much better about the procedure. I have been able to get back to some daily activities and that helps make things seem more normal. I have no regrets at this time but would still warn people about how hard it is to be so think it is a walk in the park. The risks are very real and it does something to your head when you realize you not only volunteered for this but shelled out some big cash for it. Be sure that you pick a great surgeon. That is probably the very most important advice that anyone could take. I did and I trust his work implicitlly and so far it is looking very good.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

His reputation is exemplary,