Saline Implant Removal, No Lift

I wanted to write this review to pay it forward,...

I wanted to write this review to pay it forward, the stories I read from you ladies really helped me!

I have 350 cc saline implants, placed over the muscle, for 4 years now. I have had a total of 3 surgeries, the explant will be my 4th. My first BA resulted in a capsular contraction on the right breast. I lived with it a year, hoping it would go away. It did not, and since I was getting married soon, I had a revision done so I wouldn't look uneven in my wedding photos. CC was solved, however, the revised breast was MUCH smaller than the left! So much smaller that I couldn't even wear a bra, my nipple would pop out on the left side and the right side would gap. So on to surgery number 3!

I had the left breast reduced to match to smaller one. I asked for 250 cc's and when I woke from surgery, my PS had put in 300. The left was still a bit bigger than the right. That is really my only complaint about my doctor, he is very compassionate and does excellent work, you can barely see my scars (inframammary fold). He must have thought they weren't even and put in the extra 50 cc's. Sigh.

My consult was today. I was hoping he could just remove the implants in the office, but he was very insistent on removing the capsule, and I have chosen to follow his advice. My surgery is in 2 weeks! I am excited and scared. I am hoping they will look ok. I am 37, don't have children, (so no breast feeding), and have never had significant weight loss/gain. So I am hopeful to have minimal sagging.

My boobs look good naked, and that's about it. I got them for my husband, and totally regret it! I am tired of looking fat in everything, I can't run or workout without serious discomfort, and my breast are constantly sore.

Thank you immensely for posting your review on RealSelf! It sounds like you've been through a lot with your breasts and it will be a relief to be back to natural.

Please keep us posted as you progress through this journey!

11 Days untill my surgery...

11 days until my surgery, I wish it was tomorrow! I am a little nervous about what they will look like after, but I hate my boobs now, so what's the difference? I keep thinking about being able to run again without pain! It is really helpful to look at everyone's pictures. I am so glad I found this site!
Good luck :) my surgery is in two days I'm scared,but excited to have them out. I had a rupture in my left implant and its been months. I have been two sizes two small on my side so can't wait to have them both out and even again. I know they will sag :( I have had three kids and breast feed two. I will deal with that as long as I'm natural again :). Good luck with your surgery I'm sure they will look fantastic :) Daisy!
I feel the same way, I just want them out! Thanks!
Well I'm home implants are out I feel great. Not a lot of pain :) what a relief so far :)

3 days till surgery...

Only three days until surgery, and I am not feeling any regrets. I am looking forward to fitting into a bathing suit top, which I have not been able to do for the last 4 years! I have always had to get the largest size so it would fit my gargantuan breasts, and then tailor the band by cutting off excess material and moving the clasps. Never looked good, or fit well! Or of course the triangle tops, which cut into your neck because your boobs weigh 10 lbs each. I have been looking through my Victoria's Secret catalogs with anticipation. Yup, I'll be able to pick whatever bathing suit I want!

I feel like I have wasted the last 4 years of my life. I rarely go shopping anymore, because nothing fits! I am 5'1", 105 lbs, with DD chest. Yeah, that was a stellar life choice! I am so excited, to be able to run again! I am scheduling my next marathon for this fall. My husband is not happy, but I do not care. I hate the way my body looks with these fake plastic bags.

Surgery was today...

Surgery went well. My left side is a little sore, my right side is alot sore. I was very happy he didn't have to use drains. He also said he did not do a capsulectomy because the capsules were so thin, it was doing more damage trying to take them out. My follow up appointment is tomorrow, and I am very pleased with my results.
You look GREAT!! Happy healing! :)
Thank you so much! I feel so relieved. Thanks so much for your story, you look great, too!
I love running !! Good for you. It's great huh? Congrats. I had no drains either .

2 days post op...

I am 2 days post op. I am so thrilled with my results! I feel sexy and beautiful for the first time in 4 years! My right side is more tender than the left because as my PS was trying to take out the capsule, my muscle started tearing. I have not taken any pain meds, I want to heal asap. I was able to take a shower and start massaging with coconut oil today. I feel so fortunate that my breasts look half as good as they do after all I put them through. Thank you, thank you to everyone on this site.
Hi Rungirl! Just wondering how you are doing? Have you started exercising (running) again?
Hey! Recovery is going good, still little bits of shooting pain every once and a while. I get my stitches out Friday, so I am waiting to start running until they are out. I feel good enough to run, I just want to wait until they are removed, I didn't want them rubbing up against my sports bra and causing problems. I will post a full update with pics later today. How is your recovery?
I'm doing great! feel totally back to normal. I've been listening to my body and felt great running yesterday. I did my Pump (weights) workout today, just used lighter weights and cut the chest workout in half. No probs so far. You look fabulous!

2 weeks post-explant...

Today is 2 weeks post-explant. My skin is tightening up more every day. The right breast perked up almost immediately, the left breast is a little behind, that was the larger one, almost 2 cup sizes bigger than the right. I have noticed a lot of improvement in just the last few days on the left. I went to the gym for the first time since surgery today, only did squats/lower body stuff. I have stitches sticking out so I don't want them getting infected by rubbing against my sports bra while running. I plan on running again after tomorrow.

My breasts were really jelly-like for the first week, but are about 75% firmer now. Just to recap, I am 37 (38 next month), no kids, I was a 32 B-C before BA, after BA was 32DD. I am back to a 32 B/C. Even though my skin was stretched to a DD, it's like nothing was ever there. So don't be afraid of what you will look like. Your body will surprise you with its ability to heal itself.
Looks wonderful!
You look great! I can't wait to do the same. I like you am a size s or xs bathing suit bottom and L top!! 32DD's I can't wait to get rid of. Just hope I look as good as you!
You will look great! And the way I felt was, I wanted them out, and if they didn't look good after a year, I would get a lift. But mine were huge, and it's like they were never there except for the scars. You will do great! Don't be scared!
Springfield Plastic Surgeon