Upper eyelids Surgery Springfield, MA - Springfield, MA

Love my eyelids! Dr. Covici did an amazing job....

Love my eyelids! Dr. Covici did an amazing job. He is another Picasso (or at least my Picasso) He is very professional, caring, courteous. I couldn't be happier and best of all he takes insurances'. My insurance covered only one eye, (the eye that had more droopiness) and I had to pay for the other eye to get them done at same time, he was reasonable and affordable. God Bless him!! (doesn't le me upload photos, sorry!!)

unable to upload my before and after pics

Able to email the before and after photos via email since it won't let me upload them.

Unable to upload pics

Willing upon request, to email before and after pictures of the upper eyelids.

before and after photos

I took my Arnica sublingual tablets (bought at a GNC store)and ate my fruits daily. I had no pain just tightness. The only thing i didn't like, was sleeping elevated on my back. I usually sleep on my side (fetal position) that took some adjustment. since i went weekly for chemical peels, the nurses were there to answer any questions or concerns, so i felt well taken care of.

before surgery

4 1/2 months

Applying mascara still tickles and feels funny but overall I am very happy. I also finished my 6 session of chemical peels with Carol Faria. What a difference!! My pores are smaller, acne scars have faded & my face is smoother. I am glad to have found them both :-)

5 months /love my lids

March 17 will be my 5 months post op. Since my incision still looks a little red ( since I'm tan skin) and summer is coming, I decided to use a little of Kelo-Cote gel on the scar, to speed up the process. I always use SPF 30 sunscreen face friendly (Neutrogena) or ask your plastic surgeon as they might sell it in the office (but you'll pay more). Unless you already use a face moisturizer w/ sunscreen, also my sunglasses are VERY important! (even on snowy days) per my other plastic surgeon who, on a snowy day asked 'where are you sunglasses?!' yup! got busted by another of my plastic surgeons who was peeking at Dr. Covici's work ;) she said, snow reflects back U/V rays making it even worst and that could cause hyperpigmentation marks, that will darken even more when exposed to the sun. so protecting yourself will speed up the treatment process of healing without hyperpigmentation/dark scar. It will also protect you from any sun damage. The feeling has returned to the lid. 2 wks ago approx. I used mascara and felt normal again, less swelling and puffiness. Overall I am very pleased w/ my doctor..

6 1/2 months post-op

Hello everyone. Currently I am doing good from my eye surgery. Currently slacking applying my Kelo-Cote gel (to lighten my scar). The scar takes about a year for my skin type to fade more. I'm not worried about it too much but at the end of the day, I'm still a woman who constantly wants thing done or fix as of yesterday ;) (very impatient) that's why I thought of trying to speed up the scar progression w/the gel, but like I said; I'm slacking. Not slacking on using my sunglasses. Those I have a pair everywhere. No issues or complaints, no pain, no irritation, & no itching. I can blink fine, complete sensation is back. I'm glad with my decision & choice of doctor. My doctor has many albums in his office with this procedure, plus I felt very comfortable with my choice of doctor. I advice anyone to take their time choosing your doctor. Mines is an Oculoplastic Surgeon. An Oculoplastic Surgeon is an Ophthalmologist (medical and eye surgeon) who has completed additional advanced training deal w/ abnormalities of the eyelids, lacrimal (tear system) orbit(bony socket) and the adjacent to the face, deformities, excess skin, lazy eye and more..

when is a blepharoplasty medically necessary

Upon consultation the Dr. Will let you know. I had a visual test done. I have a combination of genetics, and weight loss. In 2005 a month after giving birth I suffered bells palsy which definitely didn't help. The Dr does a visual field tes and takes pictures, then summits the visual field test results to insurance and waits for them to answer. A consult will be the best route to take and then you take it from there. check the link above.. Best of luck :)
Springfield Oculoplastic Surgeon

So glad I had it done! :) I only wish i had it done sooner. I'm only on my third month and it takes 6 months to a year for the final results but so far so good. Since i only had one procedure done, my recovery was easier. I would say go for it!! not only i can see better, don't feel the heaviness of excess skin, i don't look tired or like i just got up and when i'm driving i can better see the traffic -lights above ;) To Dr. Covici and staff, I want to say Thank you. Visit www.drstevencovici.com

I ask because you said insurance covered one eye so im a lil confused.
Was 2750 the price of one eye or both?
Hey its me :) thought maybe u started a bbl review but im glad I came across this. The price of your sx is very affordable with beautiful results. I have under eye bags that i was considering fillers but the reviews here about bad reactions to fillers scared the bejesus out of me so I then started reviewing lower blepharoplasty . Thank you for the review hope your enjoying your results
Currently have 2 reviews. For my eyelids and tt. As the date gets closer than I will add it. Thanks for stopping by :-)
I am 67 and considering under eye surgery . My dr says I won't need stitches. At 67 is it worth it to look less tired?
My dad had them done last year too. He is 71 and his stitches were dissolvable mines weren't. The docs use different types of sutures or adhesion tapes. I believe is worth it. My dad was really severe cause he waited to long. My dad would tape his eyelids to read (I was laughing ) but it worked for him. He was afraid, so he had general anesthesia. Good luck with your surgery.
Very pretty eyes! :) ps did a wonderful job.
Your eyes have healed wonderfully
Thanks Jules73. How are yours doing?
Coming alomg ttlatina. Its amazing how fast eyes recovery from this surgery! Im so happy we did it xx
He did a great job. I have been considering doing this as well. You look great!!! You have lovely eyes as well.
Good luck to you. My only regret is, not getting it done sooner. Take care and good luck to you.
Hi your eyes look amazing,! $2,700 was the price for only one eye after your insurance pay for it? How did you find out your insurance would cover some? Thank you
Hello Barrosvr. I just added a review explaining a little about insurance coverage. Upper blepharoplasty are not that expensive unless depending on what state you live in. I also added a link..hope that helps . Thanks for stopping by and good luck :-)
Yes, you look amazing! And your smile is gorgeous too :-)
Thanks Borikenbeauty :-)
Your eyes are truely gorgeous
wow, excites me to see your pretty eyes! i can't wait to have mine. any issues at this point? itchy eyes or tightening? or does everything feel quite normal now?
No issues now. At the beginning I experience a few days if dry eyes but nothing major. I was prepared with the eye lubricant drops and it resolved quick. Before when I would apply mascara it tickled alot. I blinked fine, but lashes felt funny. Now my lashes are back to normal. Since I didn't have eyebrows lift, recovery was speedy.
I am so glad that all is turning out well for you.
Thank you, very encouraging.
Hi Lafaughn, how are you doing in the search of an oculoplastic surgeon? Any luck?
was it just fat that was removed or skin and muscle too?