Getting Braces Off! - Spokane, WA

Braces, braces, braces.... every 12 year old i...

Braces, braces, braces.... every 12 year old i hear, hates them. But to me i truely loved them. Overall experience was fantastic! I had to problems, and during the orthodontic appointments, i felt like family. I was born with a cleft lip, and missing laterals. At first i was a little upset, because they had to create gaps for some (fake) teeth. I had gaps there for a while and i was kind of sad i couldnt have that great smile quite yet. On july 11 2013, i got my braces off. They fitted a flipper for me and my retainers. My flipper isnt the best thing though. So im possibly getting a maryland bridge or just a top snap on smile. When im 18, im planning on getting implants done. So im super excited about that:) If you are just getting braces on, remember that it does take time... dont expect amazing results in a few months of having those bad boys. I had mine on for almost three years, and that's when i saw a big difference. Overall, i believe if you want a great smile, get braces:) they are defiantly worth the time and money!

Thanks so much for sharing your story! Yeah, having to wear a flipper all the time could definitely be a pain. :-/ I bet it looks good though. One of my friends had a flipper and loved to act like his tooth got knocked out...more fun for some people than for others I suppose. ;)

I did actually freak out a few people... hahaha i told them that my teeth came off with my braces! Should have seen their faces: )

Ahahaha! That is hilarious!

Smiles Orthodontics

They really know what they are doing. They are on a team that specializes in cleft lip and palate repair, which will help if you and or your child have one of these birth defects. Overall look of my teeth after braces..... AMAZING!!!!! 10/10! But if you need a flipper done (like missing lateral teeth) then i recommend going to a professional.