FAMI

Had FAMI fat graft done two years ago. he...

had FAMI fat graft done two years ago. he overfills and grafts fat into areas i did not request or need. he describes his technique as using adult stem cells but in reality, he simply injects purified fat deep into muscle and near periosteum to achieve supposedly long-lasting results.

i was swollen for about four months, results went away for a few weeks, then came back full force, revealing overfill.

do not waste your money on this, you will live to regret it, as i have.

Fill depressions and loss of volume in cheek area.

Fill depressions and loss of volume in cheek area.

Dear All,
Has anyone else had any experience of Dr Frank Trepsat in Geneva? I would appreciate any thoughts if you have because I've met him and was quite happy, but not yet decided to go ahead with the procedure of transjunct + fat transfer. thanks, Mike
Sorry, Mike, I have never heard of that Doctor. Just be careful with the fat grafting. You could end up regretting it, as many others on here have.
As of today, I did not yet made an appointment with Dr Amar. I am not sure whether I will undergo my last corrective surgery with him or not.

Well, its been about seven months since I had...

Well, its been about seven months since I had liposuction to my lower cheeks to try to correct the excessive volume injected by the FAMI fat graft. I can say i see a very, extremely subtle improvement. My surgeon was extremely conservative in the amount of fat he removed with the tiny cannulas. I am thankful that some surgeons do know the meaning of the word conservative. I have come to find out that my fat was placed deeper in the cheek area, therefore it cannot be sufficiently removed with the subcutaneous approach of liposuction. Liposuction cannnot be done too deeply in the face for fear of damaging important nerves that run near the buccal fat. This is were my fat was injected. Its been a little over three years since I had the FAMI performed by Dr. Roger Amar, and it seems his method of fat grafting does last as he claims it does. I guess this can be a blessing or a curse, depending on how your individual results turn out. For me, I guess its kind of mixed.
Can I ask where these surgeons are based, I'm sure there are many doctors with the name Amar?
rogier amar in spain is one. he taught dr donald monroe fox oculoplastic surgeon in upper east side new york city. i had fat transfer(same as Fami) by dr bryan gawley on my cheeks in march, and he did great job. i love it. he does not overfill.
Hi, Its been a while since anyone posted on this link and i was wondering how things 'panned' out in the end with the FAMI as i am considering this procedure. many thanks
Spain Plastic Surgeon

This plastic surgeon overfills with his FAMI technique. It is nearly impossible to correct as he injects deep into muscle. He cannot admit when he has made an error, nor can his staff. They will not help you correct any irregularities or problems as there is no way to do so. They will simply ignore you until you go away. personnel at his office is nice but dr. lies about the science behind his technique. dont know if staff believes his lies or help him decieve potential patients. he has no aesthetic eye and believes the solution to any minor imperfection is fill, fill, fill. its no wonder there have not been any new additions to the same four or five before and afters on his website for the last few years . those are likely the only ones he's gotten right, if they are real. this surgeon has absolutely no scientific documentation backing up his claims that his fat grafts are any different than the rest because he uses stem cells. he overfills, like many other fat graft specialist do. but his dont reabsorb like others do.