Beyond Pleased! - Southlake, TX

I'm just 4 days post-op but so far am loving my...

I'm just 4 days post-op but so far am loving my results. I was very nervous the morning of the surgery contemplating all the things that could possibly go wrong, but Dr. Heistein and his staff were so reassuring and patient with me.

The pain after the procedure wasn't bad. I think the worst part was trying to sleep (because I couldn't get comfortable) and having to stay locked away from my 20 month old daughter.

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf! Glad you are pleased with both your PS and your results. Are you wearing a post op bra...even to sleep in? Let me know if you have any great tips for dealing with toddlers during recovery! Congratulations!

what size did you end up with?

A little background...

I realized in my first post I didn't give any background info, so here goes!

I'm a 32 year old mother of one. I have always wore a 34 C bra size, though after measuring my width I'm actually 32, and depending upon how much I weigh I could either be a B or a C cup. I generally weigh about 120 give or take a few lbs, and am 5'6". When I gain weight, my breasts are one of the first places the weight goes, but when I lose weight, they of course shrink back down.

I did breastfeed my daughter, but only for a few months because she had to be switched to a special formula due to reflux. I actually think my breasts were a bit larger after pregnancy and my short stint at breastfeeding, but they weren't as perky and I definitely wasn't as confident with them as I would have liked to be. My natural breasts weren't in bad shape by any means; I have just always wanted fuller, larger breasts. I don't have many pre pics, sadly, so I'll post what I can find.

After meeting with my PS for my initial consult, we decided upon 350 cc silicone sub-muscular implants and I booked my surgery right away.

The night before the surgery, as luck would have it, I was up most of the night with my daughter who was running a fever and just wouldn't settle down and sleep. I finally just made up a bed on her bedroom floor for the both of us and sometime around 3 am I think we both finally fell asleep only to be woken up again at 5 am. Since my husband was going to be flying solo the rest of the weekend, and I knew I'd have plenty of time to sleep, I didn't mind taking the baby graveyard shift. (Turns out she had an ear infection.)

Without much sleep and my usual nervous self, I was a wreck. My blood pressure first was too high because I was stressing about the anesthesia, and then after the nurse hooked me up to an IV my blood pressure dropped. She gave me some meds to calm me down, and I just remember being a bit loopy. Then we went to the operating room and I fell asleep. Next think I remember I was waking up bandaged, not in too much pain, and chatted with the nurse about botox.

My husband took me home, got me into bed, and I would say the worst part was trying to get comfortable enough to sleep. I wasn't in pain since I was staying dosed up on my pain meds, but I have never been on to sleep on my back so that was a major challenge.

10 Days Post-op

10 days post op and the swelling has gone down, they seem to have dropped, and are softening up as well. I have my 2 week checkup with Dr. Heistein next week so we'll see how he thinks I'm healing up.

There were a few days last week I was having some "buyer's remorse." They were so huge (probably because of the swelling) and I got into a little funk about it. But that only lasted a few days and otherwise I am still so happy with my decision!

The only "issue" I have is in righty - every now and then I'll get this sharp, almost pinching-like pain. It's not terrible that I'd need to take any meds, but it's super uncomfortable. Almost like the implant is touching a nerve? I'm not too sure. It comes and goes. Also, sleep is still a sore spot. I have a really hard time getting comfortable. I am trying to sleep on my back but that's not comfortable, so I try my side, and back and forth all night. It is getting better, but I would love some tips on how to get a good night's rest!

Photos

Here are a collection of photos taken post-op.
You look great! I'm another happy patient of Dr. H. If you look at my pics I was very concerned for a while, but the transformation has been amazing and I'm very pleased with his work!
Do you have saline or silicone?
I'm wearing a sports bra...even to sleep in. I haven't found one that is too comfortable. The ones I have are either way too tight or don't feel tight enough. The daytime is fine, it's just when I'm trying to sleep that I have issues. I've been sleeping hugging a pillow for extra support and that seems to help.
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Heistein is amazing. I would recommend him to anyone who is thinking about getting breast augmentation. I researched a lot on Real Self looking up reviews of doctors and finally submitted a request for consultation to Dr. Heistein. Not only did he respond right away, but the response was from HIM. I asked a few questions and he even responded to those right away (and I think that was on a Sunday night). During my consultation he was so warm and friendly that he made me feel at ease. I knew immediately that he would be my doctor. He was also so gentle and warm before my procedure that he helped calm me down. He even called me in the evening after my procedure to check how I was doing. His bedside manner is amazing, as are his results.