Over 70, Skin Well Taken Care of - Southfield, MI

I am over 70 years of age and have taken...

I am over 70 years of age and have taken exceptional care of my skin--always using sun screen, getting periodic facials, fillers, etc. I had Ultherapy done in May 2013 more as a maintenance procedure. I had mild lines around eyes, marionette lines and forehead, but very smooth skin otherwise. Immediately following the Ultherapy, I developed unattractive, welt like areas on either side of my face, and neither the spa where I had the treatment in Southfield MI nor Ulthera had any advice on how to get rid of them. I eventually counseled with dermatologists who told me the raised areas were caused by edema. It has been about 10 months since the Ultherapy, and the raised areas have improved but not completely gone away. These areas of my skin actually look more aged than they did prior to Ultherapy. This procedure is advertised as very safe, but I can attest that, in my personal experience, it was not. I just wish I could un-do the damage caused by Ultherapy. The procedure was done by an RN without the supervision of a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. I would strongly recommend that a person only go to a facility where s/he has confirmed that the Ultherapy procedure is overseen and monitored by a physician with expertise in Ultherapy.
Face Skincare Medical Wellness Center

The procedure was performed by an RN. There was no physician involvement even during the months I was complaining about the welts on my face. The owner/esthetician denied any problem and acted as though the welts were a figment of my imagination even after two dermatologists opined to the contrary. I believe it is very important to go to a facility which is supervised and monitored by a physician with expertise in Ultherapy. I found out too late that this spa is staffed by estheticians without a physician overseeing and monitoring the performance of procedures like Ultherapy.