Best Rhinoplasty Doctor in the Detroit Metro Area - Southfield, MI

I had a rhinoplasty done with a doctor overseas in...

I had a rhinoplasty done with a doctor overseas in 2005, the results were very poor, my nose still looked big, droopy, and I could barely breath. After struggling with breathing for years, I decided to re-do the surgery all over again. I knew that I had a deviated septum which needed to be fixed and figured why not see what could be done to improve the appearance of the nose. I decided to see a plastic surgeon, but this time around I wanted to see the best of the best because I wanted to make sure this is the last time I ever go through this surgery. I researched the internet and found multiple top rated doctors and had to see who the best was myself. I had a consultation with Dr. Boyd who was ridicilously expensive, it seemed like his clinic was more of a business than a medical service center. I looked at Dr. Golden, he only does the closed procedure and in his office which is not something I was interested in. I also called Dr. Youn who doesn't even perform revisions. I wanted to check multiple sources before I decide which doctor to choose, it seemed like every doctor is missing something.

Finally, I researched Dr. Zuliani, I saw a few positive ratings on Realself, he went to Cornell University (Top School) for undergrad and Wayne State for Med school (Good medical school) and he was also an ENT which was necessary because I had breathing issues. I made an appointment and saw Dr. Zuliani, he was very friendly, answered all my questions and concerns, he knew what he was talking about. I felt the confidence that Dr. Zuliani had which made me feel safe, he made it clear to me that he can do a good job on my nose, he stated that he usually gets above 90% of the results he anticipates, and I have to say in my case, the results exceeded my anticipations. Another concern I had about choosing a plastic surgeon was that these doctors usually perform a wide range of services, so someone that does lypo might not be good at nose surgeries. Dr. Zuliani mentioned that he did around 14 rhinoplasties amonth which is outstanding and told me that this Dr. is highly experienced. Just another reason to feel safe. Also got to see some before and after pictures at the office, all were great results. The minute I walked out of the consultation, I knew Dr. Zuliani was the right Doctor for me. I scheduled the surgery 6 months later. A few days before surgery, I saw Dr. Zuliani and he remembered exactly what needed to be done on my nose even though it was six months later, he needed to straighten my deviated septom, remove scar tissue (synechiae) I had in my nose from prior surgery, reconstruct and lift the tip, nostril reduction, so it was a septorhinoplasty + scar tissue removal. It was supposed to take about 3-4 hours of surgery time. That doctor ensured me my nose will fit well with my face, my height, and everything. Even if you are not sure what you want your nose to look like, Dr. Zuliani will know what looks best on you and he will explain to you why.

I did the surgery, it took over 5 hours because Dr. Zuliani found more scar tissue than expected, it made me so happy that he didn't just patch me up and go, he put in two extra hours to make sure he did everything perfectly. He likes to take his time, and I didn't have to pay extra money for his extra work. Two days after surgery, I had to call Dr. Zuliani to make sure I am using the medicine correctly, it was the weekend and he called back and talk to me. I saw Dr Zuliani 4 days after surgery, he removed the stiches, cleaned my nose, there was no packing involved, answered my questions and then I went back about 4 or 5 visits after that within a 3 months period, so he basically kept an eye on the changes, cleaned my nose and what not. Due to the fact that I have thick skin (middle eastern) I had two steroid injections in my nose to reduce the swelling and break down any scar tissue that might form under the skin and that has helped tremendously.

The results: 3 months later, scar tissue is gone and my nose feel open and my septum is no longer crooked, I DO NOT SNORE anymore which is great. I did not think it was possible to have my nose look like it does now, the side profile is close to perfect, the tip is lifted and my smile looks alot better now, my tip doesn't droop when I smile anymore. The results basically exceeded what doctor Zuliani showed me in the simulation software before surgery. I will continue to visit Dr. Zuliani until the swelling is 100% gone. I am very pleased and happy with my new nose (both looks and functionality). Dr. Zuliani is hands down the BEST DOCTOR in town, highly recommend to anyone that wants to do any kind of nose surgery. The price was very reasonable, and very worth it. I don't think there is a better rhinoplasty doctor in the Detroit metro than Dr. Zuliani, even if you were to spend more money, he is the best of the best :) 5 Stars!
Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Zuliani is a great talented surgeon and artist. Highly recommended!!

Incredible!
You look amazing. Could you please post before and after front views. I'm going to have surgery by Dr. Zuilani also.
Wow great job! Happy for you. I had a revision last week and hope I get good results. My surgeon also found my septum was crooked and he fixed it. He told me it should help me breathe better.
Thank you! I hope ur surgery went well, u won't see the results for a while due to swelling but hopefully it's good :)
Thanks. It did. Now recovering. Yes, you're absolutely right, swelling takes time to go down.
totally transformed your appearance!
Congrats, your nose looks great
Thanks guys :) @Vee49030 I know there's many people that aren't even recognizing me it is kind of funny. I am still waiting for the swelling to subside because you can still notice swelling from the front view but it takes times. The front view change is even more drastic because it was soooo droopy! Everyone is like I didn't recognize you, you lost weight, or you're not wearing glasses or other reasons lol, they know something changed they are just not sure what it is.
you do look completely different! My tip is now droopy but not as much as yours was and if yours could be fixed it gives me hope that mine can be fixed too!