4th Revision Nasal Reconstruction Surgery - Rib & Scalp Transplant - Southfield, MI

Wow, where do I even begin?? My experience thus...

Wow, where do I even begin?? My experience thus far with Dr. Zuliani has been nothing short of AMAZING to say the least. I broke my nose 6 different times when I was a child and saw a U of M doctor for 3 out of my 4 surgeries. All of my surgeries involved major reconstruction and cartilage implants from my ear as well as silicone implants.

However after my third surgery, my nose continued to collapse and swell (abnormally large) in heat and after naps/sleeps. I also couldn't seem to breath at all. I used to exercise regularly for 9 years and because of my nose problems I stopped for almost 3 years and would be forced to breathe out of my mouth during sleep and exercise. I decided finally that enough was enough and I needed to fix my nose for the last time. However, I knew that I needed a rib graft implant since there was no cartilage left in my ears and nose.

After weeks of research, I finally came across hundreds of reviews for Dr. Zuliani with photos of before and after shots (many of which resembled my nose). He was rated excellently and his after photos proved his work to be flawless both in appearance and in physiology. My first consultation with him went very well. He pointed out all my problem areas without me even saying a word. He also noticed that I needed a rib graft implant after taking one short peek into my nose. I also had a "pig nose" problem, which he said he would take care of.

What persuaded me though was his bedside mannerisms. He was extremely professional, concerned and helpful. He answered all of my questions and even provided me with details of risks that I was not even aware of such as skin necrosis. Needless to say, I was impressed that he left nothing out and put everything out on the table. We decided that the best procedure for me was a major reconstructive surgery with grafts of cartilage from both my scalp and rib.

At first, I was scared because I didn't want to be walking around with a rib missing or an ugly scar. Dr. Zuliani assured me though that it was necessary and that it would be the best course of action to take. Rib implants can also be taken from cadavers but since I already had an allergic reaction to a foreign body in my nose from a previous surgery (silicone piece), I decided I would do whatever it took to finally fix my nose.

The day of my surgery went great. My procedure was extremely long but well worth it. The pain afterwards was also bearable and not that bad. For the first time in my life, my nose looked and worked normally. I could finally breathe and have been back to the gym. My scar is also barely noticeable and hidden well right under my breast bone (therefore bikinis and stuff are not a problem!) I also can't stop taking pictures because for the first time ever, I am comfortable in my own skin. I am so grateful for Dr. Zuliani and his wonderful staff. They have definitely helped improve my life and I owe them so much. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND him for anyone needing any kind of work. From minor nose flaws to full blown out reconstructive surgeries, HE IS THE BEST!!!! (For those concerned with payment, he is also extremely helpful in this area. I paid $5,000.00 dollars out of pocket and the rest was covered through my insurance. They also accept carecredit for those needing payment plans!)

Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing! You really went through a LOT and I'm so glad you are pleased. We'd love to see your before and after photos.