Straightened but Bite is off and Tongue is Raw. - S. California

I have been wearing them for 1 year and now I need...

I have been wearing them for 1 year and now I need 3 more months. BUT even though my teeth are straightening out, my bite is now off. My back molars do not fit together properly. Eating a steak is out of the question because I can't chew it well enough. And the "pegs" they adhered to my teeth for the Invisalign to attach to are VERY sharp! My tongue is always raw from brushing up against them. I've asked for pegs that are not so sharp with my next trays. I'm hoping my dentist knows what he's doing and in the end all of this will be resolved; my teeth straight and my bite is good.

I'm sorry to hear the tray edges have been bothering you. This forum might be of interest to you:

"What's the deal with the sharp edges?"

I was just asking if he was a dentist or orthodontist because the levels of training in teeth movement are different.

Here is a Q&A on the subject:

Dentist vs Orthodontist for Invisalign?

and a Forum as well:

"Dentist or Orthodontist, does it matter that much?"

Yes. And another thing I didn't mention is the trays are sharp and my tongue is raw on the sides from rubbing up against the sharp edges. But yes, he is not an orthodontist. Why?
My orthodontist gave me a tip. If the trays are sharp cut them with scissors and file them with a nail file to soften the edges. Works for me everytime.

My dentist and his office couldn't be nicer. I just hope they are considering the rest of my mouth and how it is effected from this and not just my teeth.