I Am Not Sure Whether to Go Through with It! Help PLEASE!!!! - Southampton, PA

I have always had insecurities about my nose. I...

I have always had insecurities about my nose. I was born with it broken but it isn't squashed just quite crooked. I also have a prominent dorsal hump which I hate. I would be happy to keep my nose bent if I didn't have the dorsal hump so prominent. I was wondering about views ( HONEST) on my nose about whether I should take a chance and go for it? I have checked up all the details and was hoping you guys could help.

Go to Dr. Pontell for the consultation and let him know what you want. He is the best.
The deviated septum won't change . I had my septum repaired and it feels great to breath correctly . As far as the aesthetic part of it , you have to be the one who really decides about that . You have to really want it .
first of all you're a beautiful girl . You have beautiful dark hair and gorgeous blue eyes ! Rhinoplasty is a serious surgery . You have to definitely be ready and wrap your mind around having to recover for a while . Are your parents supportive ? When you have made a decision choose a doctor that has great reviews and amazing before and afters and i mean not ten pictures but at least twenty noses you like . I was so nervous and scared and I'm 38 years old , so what I'm saying to you is that you have time on your side . If you really want to get it you have to do it when you're totally ready.
Thanks! I'm definetely going to wait quite a while because I don't feel certain.
Like others have said, you have to be the one who is 100% sure that you want to get it done. If you have any strong hesitations acknowledge them. Read through the stories on this page and decide for yourself if it is worth it financially, emotionally etc. It is a MAJOR decision so don't take it lightly :) GOOD LUCK!
It's a very personal decision that you should feel 100% confident in. I would say you should give it a little time and just enjoy your nose as is until you know for certain if it fits/grows to fit/doesn't fit your changing personality and style. :) Good luck
I agree! Your nose will always bother you. Do some homework and find a great doctor, then go from there
You are beautiful. Be careful when you chose your dr. Good luck
I think you are very pretty. If your nose bothers you now then you should go with the surgery because it will continue to bug you in the future.

First of all, yes you are pretty! Very pretty! I think you just have to weigh how much your nose bothers you vs. the cost/risks/recovery of surgery. For me, from about age 13 on, I knew I would someday get rhinoplasty. I finally was able to get it at age 27, but wish I'd done it sooner. With a deviated septum, insurance might cover part of your procedure as it did for me.

Here's a list of questions to ask when you start going on consultations with board certified plastic surgeons. Definitely do your research on docs. If you do decide to go ahead with your rhinoplasty, picking a doctor is your biggest job.

Please keep us posted!

Thank you! I will consider and see how it progresses... It may change through puberty and I have a divided septum.