A Few Barely Visible Lines Under my Lid - Southampton, NY

I was in a mid-life crisis stage- I was 46 and did...

I was in a mid-life crisis stage- I was 46 and did not have a wrinkle under my eye. I trusted Dr. Brady because he is a hand surgeon and did a very good job at fixing my wrist. However, his decision to perform an unnecessary surgery on my lower lids was unethical. I've been having problems for 8 years because he excised too much skin-especially on the left eye. And so there is constant tearing, dryness, and irritation; Aesthetically it looks terrible. It wasn't till I went to 4 top NYC plastic surgeons who were not able to fix my eyes that I realized how horrendous a job he did. I have found a specialist who only works on eyes and I am scheduled for a fairly elaborate surgery on May 20th. It includes having a palate graft. I kindly asked Dr. Brady if he would at least cover the $10,000 fee. I sent him 4 doctors diagnosis-all stating that my eyes are in need of a surgery because of his harmful surgery. He never responded! And so that is why I've decided to write this review-to prevent someone else from making the mistake that I had made. He is a HAND surgeon first-you don't go to a steak house for a good piece of fish.

Botched up Eye Surgery

Dr. James Brady of Southampton performed an unnecessary eyelid surgery; he won't acknowledge his mistake which is all I'm asking for at this point.
Dr. Brady

The review is above. Doctor James Brady can fix your hand, but DON'T let him touch your face!

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf. I am sorry to hear you are not happy with your results. Feel free to post any pictures you're comfortable sharing. Wishing you the best with your upcoming surgery.