No Change - South Korea

I had liposuction a little over a month ago to my...

I had liposuction a little over a month ago to my flanks and upper and lower abdomen. The surgeon removed 2000 cc. I immediately saw a big difference and was very happy with the results. The surgery was a breeze and I had almost no down time.

I wore my compression garment for four weeks, as suggested, and stopped wearing it last week. My lower abdomen is now twice as large and hard. I can’t pinch any fat but it sticks out like a shelf under my belly button. Im so distraught because I thought things would be getting better not worse. I m not sure if this is swelling or if I gained back fat.

My weight dropped three pounds about two weeks after surgery and has remained stable but I look so large. Is this type of recurring swelling normal? Why is this happening? I’m back in my compression garment but the bulge is not going down and I just burst into tears every time I see it.

Hello, I am post-2 weeks almost and still feel very thick, I hate it. my waist is smaller but wen i turn side ways i feel bigger. I think its normal. my PS said to wear my garment for at lease 3 months for better results.

Hi there, thanks for sharing your story with us. I'm sorry you're not getting the results you expected. If you have any specific questions you can use our ask a question feature where some of the board certified doctors can provide answers.

Kirsty

I more concerened with bodies ability to heal then my doctors skill