33 Yr Old Female, Fixed a Crooked Nose & Cleft Palate Scar - South Jordan, UT

The recovery was painful, but any surgery is rough...

The recovery was painful, but any surgery is rough. The doctor & his staff are so nice, they really love what they do & they care about their patients. I've bugged them alot since my procedure & they but me at ease. I haven't met a doctor like Dr. Ward in a long time. If you need any type of facial plastic surgery done, then run don't walk to the U of U clinic in South Jordan Utah! No body likes pain, and I'm a wimp, but they really take care of you. Your treated like a person not a number. It's kind of funny but the first appointment I had, I got a referral from another doctor, I cancelled the next day. I didn't think he would be able to fix my issues. But I was advised to at least go to the consult, I'm so glad I did.

Having a 2nd surgery

After having Kenalog injections, which didn't help the swelling. My doctor has decided on going back in, which will be about 6 months after the first surgery. I'm a little scared but I have complete faith in my doctor.
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

When I first met him, I was very nervous, but he was excited to help me with my issues. He told me what he would do during the surgery. I was worried that my insurance wouldn't cover it, but he said we can appeal until we get a yes. Amazing. Then I didn't see him until a month later, the day of my surgery. He came in that morning & asked how I was, explained what was going to happen. My recovery was pretty rough & I had some concerns, he said I should probably see him sooner than my appointment was scheduled, about 2 weeks earlier. He said everything was going good, just have to give it time to heal, which is hard because it is the face. He also advised getting steroid shots to help with swelling and that was no picnic, I panicked, not a fan of needles. He dealt with my melt down and did everything to make me feel better.

Welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us!

I'm so glad everything worked out well for you. How was your recovery period? Did you have much pain or downtime?
I took 2 weeks off from work & it was hard to go back because I didn't feel comfortable of how I looked. But my co-workers were awesome, they know how I am. There was alot of pain, but I figured there would be with the work they had to do.