Undecided on Zeltiq

I had 3 sessions of zeltiq done a week ago on my...

I had 3 sessions of zeltiq done a week ago on my lower stomach and sides. While its too soon to know if it was worth it or not, my concern is for the side effects I'm currently feeling. My experience during the 3 hour session was fine, I was even able to take naps in between the sessions (lights were dimmed and soft music playing).

Days 1-4 after my sessions were uneventful - my stomach was numb to the touch just like I was told it would be with no brusing. However in days 5-7, I am feeling constant pins and needles with some intermittent sharper pains (not unbearable but really annoying especially when it keeps me from sleeping). When I get the sharper pains, I also get prickly chills down my leg (reminds me of how shingles felt). Anyone else have similar experiences and if so how long did this sensation last?

I completely trust my doctor and would recommend her to anyone. As for zeltiq, I'll have to wait and see what type of results I get before I can say without a doubt whether it was worth it or not.

I had it done about one week ago and I too have been experiencing cramping and shooting pains. It feel like a giant jiggly mass when I jog and it hurts. I feel very tired and the area feels hot. I hope this feeling goes away soon. I cannot wear any pants that are a little too tight since it irritates the area. I have not noticed any change and I feel as though I made a grave mistake by getting this done. Does anyone feel like me??? Does it get better? Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

I had it done on may 11, so a little over 3 weeks ago. Only had the lower abd done. No real pain, just numbness (mild now) and I was extremely bloated for a week. The thing is I am extremely tired lately. I get 8-9 hrs of sleep a night and have been exercising but not at the pace I was prior. I consider myself quite healthy. Has anyone else experienced this extreme fatigue?? When I googled it , it shows up here and there but nothing specific.
Post cool sculpting I also got really tired despite plenty of sleep. I also found my appetite increased but this may also be linked to the fatigue. I have had some swelling and numbness. But after a week it hasn't been noticeable to others, just me. If I kept up with my healthy lifestyle (exercise and clean diet) I noticed fat reduction and skin tightening in the area of treatment. My only real complaint is the extreme fatigue and increased appetite for a week plus post treatment. I don't know if that is standard though. My practitioner said its normal for the body to feel fatigued post a traumatic experience.
Hi,3229anon
who was your doc?
I had sharp pains starting at day 6, called my surgeon who said, "this is normal."

I'm at day 10 and the sharper pain has subsided -- I just have itchiness and some soreness in the treated area. I've been told to expect that by Saturday -- two weeks -- this largely goes away.

My strong hunch is our experience is the norm.
Now that it's been longer do you see much of a difference? I have been watching this for a couple months and am interested in Zeltiq - I have an appointment for a consultation in a week but I am really hoping I can loose at least an inch off my belly bulge and I don't want to waste the money if no one is getting that kind of result...Thank You!
Hi i recently had a seesion done and i also am experiencing the prickly needle and pins sensation. How many days before your pain went away?

Hi -- Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing now? DId the sharp pains ever subside?

At a recent conferenc, some doctors have noted that there have been some people which have sharper pains. These all resolve after a couple weeks. There was no explaination why some people got this. I have had only 1 in hundreds of treatments performed.

Thanks for sharing your story. Dr. Weiner mentioned persistent numbness in his article on Zeltiq but nothing about sharp pains. Have you asked your doctor about this?