More Painful Than I Thought It Would Be - South Carolina

I had a TT and hip reduction. If I knew how much...

I had a TT and hip reduction. If I knew how much pain I would of been in I would of chickened out. I had my surgery 3 months ago. I just now can sleep on my tummy and my stomach cramps up into a knot. I do love the way my tummy looks in my new bikini but I have had many other surgeries and this one was the worst. My scars are pretty wide. I thought they would be a lot smaller.

I think everyone's body is differant..so if you really want to get a TT go for it. You only live once.

I had my TT on March 2. It has been great. I never had very much pain. I had one little spot on my scare that took a little time to heal, but other than that I was up and around almost immediately. I still have some swelling. Not as much as it was and it it going away slowly but surely. I would definitely recommend this to anyone that is not happy with their tummy. I had a big muffin top and I hated that. It looks way better now. Next up is having my upper arms done. I lost a lot of weight and my arms look like Popeye's. Looking forward to that going away. Good luck and good looks to all of you.
Use your drugs to keep pain under control. If they are prescribed for every 4 hours then that's what you do. Drink Gator aid and Ensure because you won't want to eat right away.Use an easy boy chair and sleep with pillows under your knees. REST!

Also, check out Kimmers' Month by Month post tummy tuck diary. It's a great read with lots of valuable info!

Yes this is a very painful process which takes weeks/months to heal.  I am sure many women feel the same way about possibly chickening out if they knew.

Your scars will improve month after month so I am sure the will shrink and fade more as you heal.

If you have some time we would love to hear some of your tricks and tips for recovery.  What gave you comfort, what hurt more, etc.  Hearing from others experiences is very helpful to women planning for their surgery and recovery.