Tumescent Liposuction - Round Two Needed?

I am six weeks post-op from having tumescent...

I am six weeks post-op from having tumescent liposuction. The doctor put me under general anesthesia and removed 5,000 cubic centimeters of fat from my hips, inner and outer thighs, lateral buttocks and medial (inside) knees.

From the front the results are remarkable - I've clearly lost at least two pants sizes. The hated fat is gone and a new figure has emerged and, as I've always suspected, my hips are narrower than my shoulders but were hidden under the fat! HOWEVER, the surgeon did also remove lumbar fat even though I already had a small waist. This is causing my already round buttocks to look appear as though I had a buttocks augmentation! I certainly do not want this look, having dealt with it most of my life.

I am an out-of-state patient and will revisit the surgeon in a few weeks. My fears are that this "bubble butt" look is permanent and that I'll have to undergo a second procedure to remove the remainder of what is left.

Overall, I had an excellent experience and was a good candidate for this procedure and I'm wondering if the surgeon stopped at the recommended 5,000 c.c. limit or if he gave me the figure he appreciates!

I don't have current photos but I would love feedback as to whether I should expect another round. I lost a full three inches off each thigh but at the fullest point, my hips are measuring about 40" with a 28" waist!

so its been 2yrs. did u do it again and how u feel now about ur new body
You sound like you look amazing! Are you sure you want to go in for another surgery? Give it some thought!

Expertise with liposuction and surgery of the buttocks; he is the man.