Got the "Girls" Back :)

I was very nervous for a breast augmentation. My...

I was very nervous for a breast augmentation. My husband surprised me with a consultation with Dr. Zucker for our 10 year anniversary (because I had been complaining about things since nursing our children). Dr. Zucker was very caring and gave many details about the operation and post op care during the consultation that I didn't even have to ask any questions. The procedure went very well and I am extremely happy with the results! I chose the Mentor Gel 325cc. I love not feeling so emotional looking in the mirror seeing what 2 beautiful children gave me after literally sucking the life out of me. :) I now can look in the mirror and smile! As far as the procedure. The things that I really didn't expect was how hard it is to breathe afterwards! You definitely want to use the breathing contraption they give you often. Also, I had a lot of back pain until the wrapping was taken off. I had the procedure on a Thursday, a nurse from his office drove 45 minutes to my house to take the drains out on Friday. I only took pain pills Thurday through Sunday and only about 3 each day (for my back mostly). At the follow up appointments Dr. Zucker was extremely caring and professional along with his wonderful staff. His staff is AMAZING! I have seen people post that they went to work the day after surgery. I work in an office and Dr. Zucker told me he didn't recommend that. I am so glad he was very stern about that as I really needed that week to do nothing! Even a slight pull like closing a car door hurt. By the 3rd week I felt like myself again and he warned not to over do things....just listen to your body. At my 6 week check up I was released to do whatever! I am sooooo extremely happy! I love my babies and don't regret for a second nursing them, but I also love having firm full breasts back! Thank you Dr. Zucker!
              congrats

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf! That's great your husband was so supportive of you procedure. What type of breathing contraption did you have? I agree it's nice to have a week off from work if you can manager that. How did you care for your children? Feel free to post photos...even clothed is great! Congratulations!

Sorry about the delay. I am not sure what the breathing contraption was called. I just had to do slow deep blowing excercizes to raise the bar to a specified range. My husband ended up having a week off of work so he was able to take care of the kids, cook and clean. It was pretty great. I will work on a picture :)

sorry...clothed :)

I am 5'5 and 122 lbs. Thank you, you are sweet! :)
Thank you!

No worries about a delay...we're here when you have time. Glad your husband was able to take a week off from work and help you out during your recovery. That's wondeful! Love the photo in your cute tank. I think you chose the perfect size for your body frame. Enjoy your new look!

South Bend Plastic Surgeon

Very caring and professional. He is a perfectionist but will tell you that he will not do a surgery based on what he feels someone should look like. He wants you to look like what you want.