Thank you very much to the advice received from...

Thank you very much to the advice received from the drs' on this panel, it is much appreciated :))

I am glad I did the procedure but I don't believe I will do it again. It's now 7 weeks post procedure and I am still battling with lymphoedoma of both my legs and my ankles which make it difficult to walk, I am still in quite a bit of pain and have a lot of swelling, I've been for x 7 sessions of physiotherapy with manual lymph drainage with little effect, I've now also gone for laser to my legs, abdomen and ankles and kinesio taping of my legs as well, just a bit clueless as to what I will do tho if this doesn't solve the problem.

I had lipo/ vaser lipo of my inner and outer thighs, waist, flanks and abdomen done.

Regards,
Delia (opal1973)

Dr. Patel

My doctor seems like a wonderful person, very friendly and helpful both pre and post procedure, it's just unfortunate that I am battling with lymphoedoma on both my legs and my ankles, now almost 7 weeks post procedure, hopefully it will settle down soon...

So sorry! That is really awful!

Hi Delia, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your exerience with us!

I'm sorry about the issues you're having with your legs, I hope you can get it sorted soon and without too much pain! Have you seen any results yet from the lipo?

Hi there, No, unfortunately it seems that my legs are getting worse, I struggle to fall asleep at night due to the pain and to put it a bit bluntly, the shape of my inner thighs appears "deformed". It's prickly and achy and swollen, red and tender but sadly in some hospitals here in SA you have to have a tag on your toe before they admit you for treatment. The physiotherapist I'm currently seeing believes I may have cellulitis. She has promised to send my plastic surgeon a detailed report on my condition and HOPEFULLY something constructive will be done after that as nothing is working to reduce the pain, inflammation and swelling in my legs to date. I'm a bit desperate, I can't live in this pain for the rest of my life :(((

Oh I'm so sorry! I had cellulitis at one point and had to have antobiotics to get rid of it, so I know it can be painful and cause other issues!

I hope you get some relief soon. Can you take painkillers?

Please do keep us updated with your progress!