Fat Graft Breast Augmentation - South Africa, ZA

I have scheduled a Fat Graft Brest Augmentation...

I have scheduled a Fat Graft Brest Augmentation for next week but am having second thoughts about the procedure.

One of my concerns being the impact of the surgery on my body and the actual recovery from the lipo.

I have also been told that my breasts (although all my own tissue) will NEVER feel like 'my' breasts again.

Size has never been important to me I am just looking for a little fullness, this is something I have been thinking about on and off for 10 years but never wanted an implant.

I was very excited about the procedure but now I am considering postponing... I would appreciate any feedback particularly if you have had this procedure.

Thank you for taking the time to share with us on RealSelf! Here is a link to a similar question in our Doctor Q&A. You may find this helpful. As @Violet1234 suggested, you may want to pose your question along with a photo (very helpful) if possible, in the Doctor Q&A for additional opinions. Keep us posted on your research!

I've read about people having success with using the fat injections and the Brava system to help stimulate more tissue growth. For the hassle, cost, small size increase it did not seem worth it to me but I get wanting to not put something foreign in your body too. I would go to several PS consultations of doctors that have expertise in this area.Hope you achieve the results you want. =)
             i never had the procedure done but ive read an story on someone who has. in the story the breast can only go up 1 or 2 cup sizes or in some cades a little less! if you want bigger implants will have to do that! i also read that if ypu lose weight the you may also lose the fat injections in the breast! than your back from where you started! you may want to ask a question in the docters section to get actual info about it!

Post Op

I had the procedure done yesterday and so far I am thrilled with the results.
I know I will lose some volume but they do look amazing.

My Surgeon put 280cc's he said more than that affects the chances of the fat surviving.

The Lipo part is very painful but I think it will all be worth it in the end.
Day 4 and doing well, the pain from the Lipo is still the worst part, movement is uncomfortable and difficult. Bruising on my legs and nerve damage will take a while to heal I'm sure and I am still very swollen in the harvested areas. I didn't use the BRAVA system. I have lost a little volume in my breasts as the swelling comes down, which is to be expected but have had almost no pain or bruising in my breasts. I hope the % of fat take will be good, I find it a little difficult being so careful and having to continue to be careful for the next 2 month, as I believe the less pressure on the breasts the better the chances of fat survival/take. Patience is definitely required for this kind of procedure. I do wish my PS had put a little more volume in as I don't think I would want to go through this all over again for more volume.
Keep us updated. I'm curios about the procedure as well, are you doing the brava system as well?
Hey there, wow looks good do far! Where us SA are you from?

Day 4

Hi, I'm also from Cape Town and also had fat grafting done How are you doing now? Which dr did your augmentation?
I'm doing good, looking forward to the lipo scars fading and would have preferred more volume for the final product but there is a Definately improvement. I went to Dirk Lazarus. Who did you go to.... When and are you happy...? :))
I went to Deon van der Westhuizen Renaissance clinic. He removed my implants and did fat grafting. 8 months ago and did some more fat grafting 3 weeks ago. I'm smaller than I was with implants, but am ok with that. I just hope it stays! I m happy with the way I look now. My lipo was bonus. Scars will take a while to fade. My pics are on my profile. I think fat grafting is a much better option than implants.