Satisfied - South Africa, ZA

I am a 48 year old mother of 3 boys. I have always...

I am a 48 year old mother of 3 boys. I have always been a 38A/small B. Due to breastfeeding my children, my breasts lost volume. Being very conservative and not me or my husband liking big breasts, I just wanted them big enough to fill my B cup bra. I had the augmentation done on 9 Oct 2012 settling on 310cc.( sub muscular ) I spent the night in hospital and was in no pain for the first 2 days. My dr told me to wear a sports bra for the first 3 months. I was on vacation so only went back to work yesterday-3 weeks post op. My breasts are looking great with no swelling or bruising. However, I am very tender along the outer sides of my breasts and my nipples have a burning, tingling sensation and are also extremely tender. Has anyone else experienced this, is it normal and how long does this last? Will post some pics later.

Thanks for the feedback..was starting to feel slightly better, but had to drive to see my mom a week ago-about 400km and have been in agony since. the outer side of my left breast is very painful and I have stabbing pains when breathing in and coughing with pain in chest and under left arm area as well..could I have injured the muscle when driving? I could feel it was uncomfortable when changing gears. i used an antiinflammatory for the past week and felt slightly better but pain became worse again when tabs were finished. My breasts look great-I just wish I could be pain free.

Thanks for sharing on RealSelf. Here's what some doctors say about nipple sensitivity after breast augmentation. I hope you'll keep us posted as you continue to heal.