Dark Marks After Syneron Triniti - South Africa, Johannesburg

5 days ago I had the 2nd treatment of a Syneron...

5 days ago I had the 2nd treatment of a Syneron Triniti package, again I have bar marks on my face, 1 particularly painful. Is this the correct result? I have appointment in 3 days to discuss results with owner / doctor, she did not do the treatment , a technician did. These marks result in pale skin once healed which takes 10 weeks to look normal again. I asked the technician to be careful at the 2nd treatment to NOT leave these stripes on my face. I'm sure this is not a desirable result.

I chose this provider as it is in my area and overseen by a doctor. The practice is relatively new so I trust their equipment is new.

From what my dr told me this can happen from time to time on different parts of your body, but that it does go away. Either the laser was too high or the damage was just that bad. From what she said though, it will go away.
I've had IPL more than once, and always been happy, so I guess it just depends on who does it... it definitely helped shrink my dark spots in my face. I hope your skin gets better good luck with this!!!

I'm sorry to hear you had the marks on the second round as well.

Here are some reviews you might want to check out:

“BEWARE! IPL Can Cause Serious Burns!”

Be Very Careful with IPL Lasers! - Scarborough, ON

Here is a Q&A that offers some suggestions that might be helpful to you:

Photofacial Burns 4 Days Post Op, Becoming Scabs. Is This Normal?