Botox Created New Wrinkles Under my Eyes and Gave Me Weird Chipmunk Cheeks!

1o weeks ago I had Botox injected between my brow...

1o weeks ago I had Botox injected between my brow and into my crows feet area. I had it done once before between the brow area and the results were wonderful. I'm 35 and I don't even know why I had this procedure done in my crows feet area because I didn't even have crows feet. I thought that I would delay getting wrinkles.

My results were horrible - 3 days later I noticed that my cheeks looked like a chipmunk and I suddenly had wrinkles under my eyes that were NOT there before because of the weird way my cheeks were bunching under my eyes. To make matters worse, I decided to change my face cleanser because I thought that the wrinkles under my eyes might improve if I use a product that is more nourishing (I've always had a flawless, smooth skin). I had a bad reaction to this new product and developed a rash on my face. It has now been 6 weeks since I tried this new skin care product and I still have a rash :(

I am absolutely devastated because I look terrible from the Botox and this rash and I've hardly left my house in 10 weeks. My work has suffered and my children and husband are really being affected by all this. I'm living like a hermit - too complexed to face people. Christmas and holidays are almost here and I don't want to put my nose out my front door. I'm so scared that the Botox has permanently affected my face and that the cleanser has ruined my skin. I've never been so depressed in my entire life. This has been the most traumatic experience I have ever endured and the worst 10 weeks of my life. I don't know if I can handle it for much longer. I was always attractive and proud of my looks and I now feel the complete opposite.

I have read about the amazing effects of facial muscle exercises and I have bought a book and DVD and started doing the exercises, but the muscles that were botoxed are still completely paralysed and I will only be able to do some of the exercises properly once the mobility returns.

Has anyone completely recovered and returned back to normal after having a bad Botox experience and if so, how long did it take? I will NEVER inject my face with this poison EVER again.

It is now 20 weeks since I had Botox and I still...

It is now 20 weeks since I had Botox and I still have all the same symptoms. I have never been so depressed in my entire life. I really hope that things start improving soon because I don't know if I can take this for much longer.

It is now 23 weeks since I had Botox and I'm...

It is now 23 weeks since I had Botox and I'm finally feeling more hopeful that things will return to normal.

I have seen a MAJOR improvement in the last 3 weeks and my face is starting to look normal again, thank goodness. I'm not sure if it is due to the time factor or if my Bioptron light, facial muscle exercises and acupuncture have contributed to the healing, it is difficult to say, but I am relieved that my old facial proportions have returned and that my new under eye wrinkles are improving. The cheek ptosis that I developed after Botox is not so exaggerated any more and I am starting to look like my old self. :-)

I am ecstatic!!

7 months/30 weeks update - My upper...

7 months/30 weeks update - My upper eyelids are now drooping and puffy and I have a new horizontal line coming out from the outer corners of each eye when I smile...uugghh.  I still have the new lines under my eyes, although they are looking better and I still have slight cheek ptosis (chipmunk cheeks with flat sides). When I smile I now have slight puckering by the crows feet area and I can STILL feel the Botox in my face. My skin rash has returned through all my stressing about Botox and I am unable to do my resistance facial muscle exercise because they make the rash worse. I'm wondering when this nightmare will come to an end.

BOTOX IS REVOLTING and I sincerely hope that if anyone is considering injecting their faces with this poison, they will change their minds after reading all the negative posts on this site. I deeply regret having it and wish that I could turn back the clock. It was the worst mistake of my life! I hope that my next update is more positive.

I had Botox injected into my crows feet area 10 weeks ago and I absolutely hate the results. My cheeks have a chipmunk effect when I smile and I have new wrinkles under my eyes that have formed from the bunching created by my cheeks when I smile. I had NO wrinkles under my eyes before I had Botox. I have not seen any improvement and I can't stand the way I look. Has anybody returned completely back to normal after having the same bad results as me from Botox?

Botox made me look older.

I had Botox 10 weeks ago between my brow and for crows feet. It turned out horrible !! I've basically been hiding out at my house. Avoiding my friends and family as , much as I can. I have the mean look , chipmunk cheeks, and more wrinkles under my eyes than I EVER had before. I look tired and have dark circles. Please let me know of anything that will help :( I would be forever grateful !!
Where can I find a video on what facial exercises y'all are doing ?
Hi, Wishful2! how are you? Are you all better? Please write if you can :) I am going on 16 mos and my left side and undereye are still droopy and loose :(
Wishful2, hi!!! I hope you are all healed now and just want to put this bad nightmare behind you now. I just wanted to check in and see how you are? I hit a yr a couple weeks ago, and since then I have taken a nose dive and am beyond scared and sad :(. I thought my forehead was stable for many moths then about a few weeks ago, the muscles above my brows came to life like a bad dream! I have raised muscles above them at all times which actually cause me discomfort and pressure. My glabella area is caving inwards ,giving me puffy 11's. My outer brow area on my left side is dropping. My inner left eye corner is sagging as well as my crows feet area on that same side. My whole left side is a complete mess. I don't know what to do, Any advice you can give me? I feel so helpess and scared :(
Hey everyone, I also got bags under my eyes from that poison. I was injected in the crowsfeet, top of cheeks aand under each eye. Only 10 units. But it has caused me a lot of sleepless nights, pain and aggony. Not to mention, all the flu like symptoms. I had an anxiety headache for 2months. Blurred vision, loss of appetite, insomnia. Never again will I touch botox.
Hi everyone..did anyone have ear-hole shrinkage and nostril shrinkage from botox migration causing deadened muscles? ..I thought I was going deaf for the first two months!
Me too..what happened to u is exactly what happened to me....im fallen into depression...the muscles now work again but with more wrinkles and the damage is permanent...i just want to grow old naturaly like God wants
In the past week I have been taking B12 sublingual drops. This has made a dramatic difference to my face, skin and all over general well-being. fourteen months of oh so slow recovery, I can now say I'm pretty well back to normal. My face, mind and body has been to hell and back. tried the B12 in my 3rd month post botox and had an adverse reaction to it. The botox was still too potent in my system. So yey!...There is light at the end of the tunnel. Its been a one step forward 2 steps back for me for a long time. Only try a couple of drops at first then increase to up to 6 drops a day if you have no adverse reactions. This helps with depression, muscle weakness, tiredness and digestive problems.
Oh my gosh, Wishful2, This is such great news! I am so happy for you!!! Thank you for coming back on the forum to let us know what has done wonders for you. I am going to buy the B12 sublingual drops asap and give it a go. I am 8 mos out, so I am hoping I will be o.k.. Which brand are you taking? Are you splitting up the drops throughout the day? Thanks a million! Congratualtions on getting back to normal!!! xo
Start off with 2-3 drops..and if thats ok take up to 6 drops a day. I guess you could split that up through the day..half in morning and half at night.
Wishful thank you so much for your continues support and advice for all of us fellow women botched by botox. I am at 4 1/2 months post botox and my eye swelling, undereye bags, pronounced tear troughs, painful heavy eye strain and baggy wrinkles chipmunk smile are still in full effect. They are always there but some days worse than others. I did notice something that does not make sense to me....when I take vitamins(biotin, multi, vit. B12, milk thistle, fish oil, vit c, calcium, etc), I notice my Eye bags and discomfort is actually WORSE than if I don't...I was wondering if you knew the rationale behind this. It doesn't make Sense to me..all I know is I got botox to look younger and I now look older and tired and my eyes hurt really bad..my doctor says I'm allergic to botox and that it should be getting better once the botox leaves the system...well my wrinkles are back but the bags and discomfort remain:(
Hi there..I had the same experience with any kind of vitamin, fish oil and particularly B12 in those first 6 months. It made everything worse. I would perhaps try a children's multi-vitamin every second day if you are feeling stressed and tired. Its not so concentrated..but again, stop if you are feeling worse. Facial exercise also made my muscles do weird things and made the problem look more pronounced. I really think you have to leave everything alone except for eating good food and having face steams and gentle massage. The muscles are still damaged and poisoned. We need to be very gentle with ourselves, but there will come a time when it will start to improve. Everyone's different..but I personally could not take anything until well-over the 12 month mark. Then all of a sudden the B12's made an overnight difference. When I do a little facial exercises now - I don't feel that burning tingling sensation anymore. Before the 9 month mark, I could feel the toxins fizzing up. I know that going away on vacation (anywhere away from my natural environment) seemed to accelerate my healing as well.
Hi, Wishful! Are you still back to normal? I have suddendly relapsed..at almost 9 mos. I tried the B12 and am not sure if that's what made me worse. I take a ton of vits/antioxidants and always have ,so I don;t think it's that. It's so starnge because my eyes were pretty stable for months and all of a sudden at almost 9 mos they are drooping even more and have more wrinkles under them. I just want this to be over. Did this happen to you? Does your face deflate at night any more, or has that stopped,too?
I'm at five months and vitamins seem to make things worse for me. This is hell. I noticed drinking green tea(cold) seems to help maybe..who knows? I just don't understand how this could still be in my system? My eyes hurt so bad. Hard to focus and it literally feels like someone is pressing on my upper lids..can anyone who has actually gotten better and recovered after several months to a year please write in...we need some hope..I promise I will if this gets better.
Sorry, Saggy, that you are feeling the ill effects of botox ,too:( I am at almost 9 mos. and still not back to normal. Hugs to you. I know how you feel.
hi fgirl12..sorry to hear this. I know exactly what you mean. Stop taking anything (vitamins) for a while and try to visualise your face as you would like it to be, every evening before falling asleep. It sounds airy fairy..but it did help me. I know that when I am stressed, it does seem to make my face deflate still though. I too wish there was a remedy for everyone.
Thanks, Wishful2, for writing me back. I really do appreciate it. I will stop all my vits today and see if that helps a bit. I'll try visualizing my "old" face before bed,too. I am stressed because I have to go on a trip soon, so that could be making things worse for me:(. Enjoy your holiday by smiling really big. I'd be kissing the mirror if I were you,too, seeing your "old" face again! lol. Can't wait to kiss mine instead of avoiding them like I do now. xo
Hugs to you too. I'm here for you and hope our recoveries will come someday soon. You are not alone.
So I'm at the 5 month mark and my eyes look worse today than they did at 3 months? I don't get it. The bags and tear troughs are awful. The crows feet are back but the bags are still there? How does that work?I look like a tired sick sad puppy dog. I don't know what to do..I'll do anything. My eyes hurt so bad. The pressure and strain are awful. I'll do anything for this to go away.
Hi, Wishful!! I did what you said and went off all my vitamins and green powders for a week and also went away. I swear, I looked so much better. I am using past tense because for the past two days I started to take my wheat grass powder again and today my eyes look horrible. Time to lay off the wheatgrass again. So crazy...Did you avoid powdered greens,too?
Yey! ...I'm glad you saw a change flgirl12. Get all your nutrients from simple foods. Vitamins are way too strong for your nerves and muscles right now. Things that helped me were: Short relaxing holidays (even a weekend to visit a friend) Face steams Smoothing out face with fingers whilst Blowing up cheeks (1 minute 3x day) stretching and holding for 5 seconds your face with mouth wide open (lion roaring) (1 minute 3x day) smooth face/eye area with fingers before going to sleep, and visualise how you would like your face to be staying away from botox disaster photos looking at photos of how you would like to be Pinching and rolling and smoothing out bunched up muscles touching my toes..so blood pumps into my face Massaging my entire head - top, back, sides, ears, neck, temples (good if someone else can do this for you) I did try B12 in the first couple of months, and that was too strong for me... but now (16 months) I can see that it is making a wonderful difference. Try a 'B complex ' initially..as the dosage of B12 is quite moderate in that. Basically it took a long time for me realise that I could not take any 'Super foods' in concentrated form...all those good things that we think may help us. I couldn't even take fish-oil. So yes.....stay away from powdered greens!
sorry for the format on my last entry. I had put the suggestions on separate lines, but it has shown up all together with no full stops. It looks confusing ....I wanted to say..keep away from Botox disaster photos, but still look at photos of people with similar features to you before being botoxed and imagine your face healing ....Took a while for me to look at old photos of myself pre-botox, so visualising on some-one else's face was easier.This may not work for everyone...but it did help me.
Wishful 2!!! Hello! Thank you so much for writing back! First off, I am so happy to hear that you are doing wonderfully:) Secondly, thank you for always being there for me when I come to you:) I am going to do all the tips you just mentioned. I haven't tried steaming my face yet. I will try that tommorow. No more concentrated greens for me for a few months. I'll stick to my dark leafy green veggies to get my vitamins. Going natural baby! lol. I wish I went off my vitamins/antioxidants,etc a long time ago. I have always taken soooo many. That explains why my last botox injections took immediately, I think. Seriously, after i was injected, I could feel my face becoming tighter. Two hours later my botox was in full effect. Have a wonderful evening, wishful. Thank you a million times over for all your tips and support. hugs.
The "pinching and rolling" technique.. It's pretty hard to do that, right? How do you pinch your muscles ? I can only get skin in my fingers...
Just one more thing... green smoothies daily w/ kale, spinach, ginger..handful of each. Think this is ok?