So Far So Great

I had my first Sculptra treatment yesterday...

I had my first Sculptra treatment yesterday.

I'm 56, and although I look great for my age (or younger) I used to be a collagen factory even in my mid 40s and I had lost a lot of volume in an otherwise attractive face.

My injections yesterday were 'invasive'. In the temples (thin and sunken), down to my ears and inwards to my cheeks from there, and in my jawline.

They say that what you see is what you get with Sculptra and it's certainly true for me. I have no residual swelling from the injections - just a genuine increase in the volume of the treated areas.

I did a great deal of research before committing to this treatment and this website proved invaluable. I felt that this was the correct procedure for me and I'm absolutely delighted so far.

FIVE WEEKS? My doctor and the literature recommends 5 minutes, 5 times a day for 5 days. Comments anyone?
I had a strange thing later in the day after injected with a vary small amount of Sculptra in both cheeks. That is a severe post nazal drip. Is it possible that some of the water worked its way into my sinuses? Even the next day I had a dripping from the nose, like water and a post nazal drip. Thanks.
ITS NOT THE INJECTOR. ITS THE PRODUCT Sculptra is a synthetic agent, as long as the foreign agent is present, the body can continue to cause the reaction, that reaction are the lumps or granulomas you see. Synthetic agents should not be used because of this, as was said by Dr. Arnold W. Klein on this site " The granulomas are foreign substances that can and do cause foreign body reactions. Permanent agents can cause permanent problems! It is much better to use biologic agents such as collagen and hyaluronic acids such as Restylane and Juvederm. In the real world there are not all these master excellent injectors you all talk about.... this being the case doesn't this tell you the product is not ready for market ( never will be) . If this product is that technique sensitive then it shouldn't be put into anyone, because there are more unskilled injectors then skilled, there will always be more people with granulomas then people without them. Try to remember Sculptra is a synthetic agent that causes the body to try to fight it off., that will never change and it makes no difference how good the injector is. The FDA doctors who approved Sculptra are regretting this decision, as they were lied to by Dermik... please read this: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfMAUDE/Detail.CFM?MDRFOI__ID=979482 THIS POSTER'S STATEMENT BELOW COULDN'T BE ANY FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH..... "I believe that who you choose to perform this procedure is critical to your success. (Check them out thoroughly and only think of going to a professional who is qualified). Try and find a photograph of yourself in your prime and give it to your doctor/surgeon. He then has a guide to replacing what you have lost. And for God's sake - follow the after care recommendations you are given to the letter. If you don't massage the treated areas five minutes, five times a day for five WEEKS - then you should not have chosen Sculptra. You'll be on here in five weeks time complaining of poor results.... You have to work with this treatment to get the most out of it. I'm very dubious about the negative comments on here and how committed to the best end result the complainants were - and their choice of practitioner.".... end quote Again its the product not the injector.... keep it real folks. These great injectors that you all say should be the only ones to put Sculptra into everyone won't use it anymore because they have done their research, that's what makes them excellent and the others not excellent. The technique can only be as good as the product.
Mr. Mark Whiteley