So Far So Great

I had my first Sculptra treatment yesterday...

I had my first Sculptra treatment yesterday.

I'm 56, and although I look great for my age (or younger) I used to be a collagen factory even in my mid 40s and I had lost a lot of volume in an otherwise attractive face.

My injections yesterday were 'invasive'. In the temples (thin and sunken), down to my ears and inwards to my cheeks from there, and in my jawline.

They say that what you see is what you get with Sculptra and it's certainly true for me. I have no residual swelling from the injections - just a genuine increase in the volume of the treated areas.

I did a great deal of research before committing to this treatment and this website proved invaluable. I felt that this was the correct procedure for me and I'm absolutely delighted so far.

Mr. Mark Whiteley

FIVE WEEKS? My doctor and the literature recommends 5 minutes, 5 times a day for 5 days. Comments anyone?
I had a strange thing later in the day after injected with a vary small amount of Sculptra in both cheeks. That is a severe post nazal drip. Is it possible that some of the water worked its way into my sinuses? Even the next day I had a dripping from the nose, like water and a post nazal drip. Thanks.
ITS NOT THE INJECTOR. ITS THE PRODUCT Sculptra is a synthetic agent, as long as the foreign agent is present, the body can continue to cause the reaction, that reaction are the lumps or granulomas you see. Synthetic agents should not be used because of this, as was said by Dr. Arnold W. Klein on this site " The granulomas are foreign substances that can and do cause foreign body reactions. Permanent agents can cause permanent problems! It is much better to use biologic agents such as collagen and hyaluronic acids such as Restylane and Juvederm. In the real world there are not all these master excellent injectors you all talk about.... this being the case doesn't this tell you the product is not ready for market ( never will be) . If this product is that technique sensitive then it shouldn't be put into anyone, because there are more unskilled injectors then skilled, there will always be more people with granulomas then people without them. Try to remember Sculptra is a synthetic agent that causes the body to try to fight it off., that will never change and it makes no difference how good the injector is. The FDA doctors who approved Sculptra are regretting this decision, as they were lied to by Dermik... please read this: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfMAUDE/Detail.CFM?MDRFOI__ID=979482 THIS POSTER'S STATEMENT BELOW COULDN'T BE ANY FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH..... "I believe that who you choose to perform this procedure is critical to your success. (Check them out thoroughly and only think of going to a professional who is qualified). Try and find a photograph of yourself in your prime and give it to your doctor/surgeon. He then has a guide to replacing what you have lost. And for God's sake - follow the after care recommendations you are given to the letter. If you don't massage the treated areas five minutes, five times a day for five WEEKS - then you should not have chosen Sculptra. You'll be on here in five weeks time complaining of poor results.... You have to work with this treatment to get the most out of it. I'm very dubious about the negative comments on here and how committed to the best end result the complainants were - and their choice of practitioner.".... end quote Again its the product not the injector.... keep it real folks. These great injectors that you all say should be the only ones to put Sculptra into everyone won't use it anymore because they have done their research, that's what makes them excellent and the others not excellent. The technique can only be as good as the product.
Hi Francis, Went ahead and got Sculptra yesterday. So far so good... Thanks for your feedback. Definitely encouraged me to go for it. My bruising is minimal. Like you, she injected the temples, jaw line and cheeks. Let's see how it looks in a few weeks. I'll go back in 4 weeks for a follow up treatment.
Hi Francis, Thanks for getting back to me. I found the name of a doctor in LA who's supposed to be one of the doctors who trainers others on how to inject Sculptra. From my research, the key is finding someone who has a good technical skill, as well as an aethetic eye (not easy). I don't have a great bone structure, however my skin tone is good. I'm looking to add volume to my cheek area (not to try and create cheek bones - just to plump out area under the cheek bones) and fill in the hollows under the eyes. Some doctors seem to recommend fat grafts (I've heard mixed opinions on how well they work) however I'm pretty slim and one surgeon said I don't have sufficient fat for him to harvest for that procedure. My plan is to go to this doctor later this month for an initial treatment and then see how it goes. I'm the pain isn't too severe. Again, I've heard mixed feedback on that front. Thanks again!
It's now 3 weeks since my first Sculptra treatment and the results are amazing. I had very good bone structure to start with but I'm slim, so there was definitely some issue with fat loss - which happens anyway as we get older. From just one treatment - everything has lifted. My face look like mine again. Wrinkles have disappeared, jowls have risen. I look about 15 years younger.
Hello Francis, Glad to hear that your treatment was a success! Did you have any bruising? How many treatments do you think is needed? It seems that finding a doctor who has the artistic skill to inject fillers properly is not easy. Where in the UK is your doctor located? I may actually consider traveling to get to the best doctor. Thanks!
Hi HKKitty, I'm so sorry I did not see your comment until today. There was a little bruising from my treatment which didn't take long to go. To restore the lifting volume of your face a good practitioner targets your temples, sides of your cheeks and your jaw line initially and these are precisely the areas where your fat will have worn thin. The results from one treatment may be exceptionally good for me - I have a follow-up appointment tomorrow. Certainly I'll be back for another in 3 weeks and that may be enough for me as the results have been so dramatic. My clinic is in Guildford. Go for it!