At the End and Disspointed.

Okay, after a couple of days I wasn't impressed...

Okay, after a couple of days I wasn't impressed with the Juvederm. The swelling went down and then I looked in the mirror and I could tell that one lip seemed just a tad higher than the other ( a nice bells palsy look). Well I called the doctor and the nurse said that sometimes that happens and that the doctor fixes one side and then they use that as a measure. OKAY?!!! I have not heard of this... So I went back to the doctor for him to fix the lines...again. He seemed to put a lot to fix the lines but again when the swelling went down I wasn't impressed. The lines have not completely gone away and when I had Restylane they were gone. I went back to my original doctor and he said that he simply didn't use enough and that Juvederm is not as thick as Restylane. I will never make that mistake again. I am severly dissapointed. I know I spent only $300 but I would rather spend 450 and have the entire syringe used and get everything done including my lips. The only positive thing I can say is that I don't feel any bumps whatsoever.

never heard of injecting and charging for bits of syringes- you cant use it on anybody else!! each filler is slightly different and its not an exact science-go to a good doctor who will know how much to inject to get the result required
Jen, I also do not think it is a good idea to split syringes. Aside from not enough - the practice is not supported by the makers of the injectables. I would steer clear of anybody offering you half a syringe, unless you buy the whole thing, use what you need and save or discard the rest. Dr. T
No I didn't get the whole syringe of Juvaderm. I have two doctors that I have used. With my regular doctor I paid and received the entire syringe of Restylane. The other doctor a friend suggested that I try. He charged me for how much he used. I am guessing that he comes up with a price for the entire syringe and then divides that by how much he uses. I hate to say it but I was dissapointed with the results. I went back to my regular doctor who said that he had never heard of that practice either and said it wasn't a good idea and that he probably didn't inject enough. These clinics are in Alabama.
Jen, Just wondering, did you not get the whole syringe? I have not heard of "splitting" syringes before - that is not done in any medical practices that I lknow of in LA or Beverly Hills.
Nice wordpress layout on this site
Update I am a little dissapointed today with the results but I am wondering if it is because my doctor used Juvaderm ultra instead of regular Juvaderm. I still see the NL fold on one side and I know that with restylane I could not. Also it looks like one side of my lip is higher than the other. I believe it is because of the amount of Juvaderm used on that side OR it could be because one side has a line and the other does not. I am going to go back on Monday and ask them their opinion. I do know that Restylane is thicker than Juvaderm so if this doesn't work out well then I will just go back to Restylane. It doesn't seem like it would take that much to completely smooth the line out so maybe another $50 to $100 should do it.