Smoothshapes - Atlanta, GA

I had Smartlipo done on my upper and lower...

I had Smartlipo done on my upper and lower abs/waist in mid-May, 2011 and a second procedure on my inner/outer thighs and hips in June, 2011. I can see a slight difference, but I still have a lot of swelling and lumps and bumps. I also measured everything pre-surgery and those measurements haven't changed at all (I have NOT put on weight!) nor has my pants size changed. They are telling me that it's because I have formed scar tissue from the surgeries and that I need Velashape or Smoothshapes to get rid of the scar tissue. Not sure I agree with that, but I bought a Groupon for 6 Smoothshapes treatments, which I will start today. Also, the place that performed the Smartlipo gave me one Velashape treatment as a trial and I had that done about 3 weeks ago.

I had my first treatment 2 days ago. My Groupon...

I had my first treatment 2 days ago. My Groupon only allows treatment on one area and I am most concerned with my stomach after the Smartlipo, so she worked on my abs and waist. The suction is really strong, in fact, I had her turn it down after awhile because I was feeling bruised (didn't actually get any bruises, though).

I have my 2nd treatment on Tuesday (they are supposed to be as close to 72 hours apart as possible). I have been drinking a TON of water - they want you to drink at least 3 liters a day after treatment (a little more than 3/4 of a gallon!) which is harder to do than you'd think. I was really surprised that I had lost 1 pound overnight the day after the treatment, in spite of being waterlogged, lol.

Meant to update this a long time ago, but the...

Meant to update this a long time ago, but the holidays got the best of me!

I finished the Smoothshapes treatment just before Thanksgiving. I had 7 Smoothshapes treatments in total. I am pleased with the results - my stomach and hips lost the puffiness that had been lingering since my Smartlipo surgery!

My measurements were:
Before After
Waist 29" 27"
Hips 38" 35"

The treatment was more uncomfortable at the beginning (lots of suction and it was very warm and kind of "pinchy") but I got used to it as I went along and could tolerate much higher settings by the end.

I posted "after" pictures below.
Chastain Wellness Studio

Samantha, the RN, explained everything and answered all of my questions. She continued to tell me little hints about getting the best results while treating me. The office made all of my next treatment appointments on the first day so I could select the times I wanted, and they emailed the appointment dates to me as a follow-up. I was seen within 15 minutes of my appointment time and everyone I was in contact with was very courteous and professional.

Thanks, so far my lymphatic massage re going well. I am thinking about trying smoothshapes......I think what's holding me back is the cost :/
I got mine through Groupon. Also, there are several treatments that are all the same type of thing - endermologie, VelaShape, Smoothshapes - probably more than that so look for any of these on Groupon, Half Off Depot, social living, etc...
Thank you! I'm going to get a manual lymphatic massage today & hopefully i will see good results.
Good luck! Lymphatic massage is supposed to be a great help, too.
How many days post Smart Lipo were you when received your first Smooth Shapes massage?
I waited 5 months because I kept waiting to see a difference after surgery and finally decided that it just wasn't happening. You really should do it long before that. I just had a touch-up and an extra area done in May, 2012 (the bra roll) and started SmoothShapes 4 weeks later. Very sore the first two times, but the pain gets better each time...
Thanks for the response. I am 20 days post. Just 2 days ago I started to notice some lumps & hardness. I really want to smooth my tummy out while I am healing. Are the results permanent? I am hoping I am not too late in the game to reverse the lumps. I massaged my abs this morning & this evening I started to see a smoother tummy.
Definitely keep massaging and you should be fine. Even with waiting as long as I did, they mostly went away (except a lumpy spot on my abdomen that STILL hasn't resolved. I think this is because I waited so long).
Hey, Renewmesoon. How are you doing. Saw your post about lumps & hardness. I'm 3 weeks out and having the same thing going on. Belly button area sore, hard & swollen. I saw your pictures, I look the same as you. Did you find a solution? If so let me know..
Hey Juli! After my 1st lymphatic massage I started to notice a reduction of swelling & my lumps & hardness started to soften. I also purchased a hand massage to massage myself at home. I went again today & noticed a difference, as well. I have another 45 min massage on Thursday. My belly button area still seems to still be the most swollen area. I'm trying to be patience. Are massaging yet?

Good luck with the treatments. How frequently do you have to get them done?

Thanks! They are recommending a treatment about every 72 hours (3 days). I paid for 6 and can get several more at the package price, if I want more than 6. I'll decide on that if/when I start seeing results. Also, they told me to drink AT LEAST 3 liters of water within the first 24 hours after treatment for each visit.