Just Want to Know the Truth About Dermarolling! Stockton on Tees, GB

Hi I'm 25 years old and am considering...

Hi I'm 25 years old and am considering dermarolling but can't seem to sift through all the reviews to find a definitive answer. When I was a teenager I was always in the sun, always had an amazing tan (in the summer - live in England) and have burnt my face a couple of times. Since the age of 18 I've not really been in the sun and since the age of 20 I have been obsessed with wearing sun cream. I have a really good skin care regime and use retin a on sun induced freckles and wear SPF 50 every day. When I wear make up I do look really young can't go anywhere without my id but I really hate the look of my skin without it. It just looks unclean, clogged, drab and I have visible (albeit quite mild) sun damage on my nose. I have open pores where my nose and for head meet. I have monthly microdermabrasion but it's not doin much. Anyway I'm considering dermaroller to improve the texture and give my skin a boost and thought it was a safe alternative to laser but I've read a couple of things about it makin people's skin deteriorate and making them look older. Can this happen!? I'd really like some impartial advice off people I don't know as I have my consultation next week and when I booked my FREE consultation they were trying to make me put down a 20 pound deposit for the procedure which I hadn't even agreed to get- that's why I want a consultation!! So now I'll just be thinking that they'll advise me to get it anyway whether it's right for me or not. If I don't get this I was thinking of getting a course o superficial peels. Thanks guys :-)