SmartXide Laser Treatment....MESS!!!

I wanted to get rid of lines around top of lip,...

I wanted to get rid of lines around top of lip, eyes, crepey neck, and general sundamage.  Did face,neck and chest.  Recovery SEVERELY harder, longer and more painful than described.  Face looks streaky, can still see pinpricks from the laser and my neck is blotchy.  My skin is STILL very fragile.  Can't wash or rub it.  Can see track marks on sides of neck. Chest and face BRIGHT red 4 weeks out. Neck and chest look scarred.  Having to have doctor treat weekly.  I am very disappointed at this point.

Horribly disfigured from this laser procedure....

Horribly disfigured from this laser procedure. Permanant stamp-mark scars on neck, chest, and face. Totally destroyed my dermas layer. Almost killed me and I CAN NEVER to in the sun again.

3 years later STILL horrible scarred on neck and...

3 years later STILL horrible scarred on neck and chest. Will never go away. The doctor should NEVER have used an ablative laser on my neck or chest. The manufacturer says not to! I've spent every dime I had to recover and lost 3 years of my life. PLEASE don't have this done!
Dr. James P. Elkins

He fried me. It took 20 hyperbaric oxygen chamber treatments to force my stem cells to start healing from the extreme burns. I am disfigured for life.

I also had Smartxide done one month ago. I am not impressed with the results although there is some improvement in cheek skin texture. The acne it caused is unbelievable - I am 58 years old and have not had a regular pimple in 35 years, but on the third day it started behind my ears in the hairline just about where the laser stopped - it's almost like some kind of overspray effect. Pimple after pimple keeps breaking out and they are big and sore and gross. I've had a couple on my mouth area but mainly on my neck behind my ears. I don't know why the doctors don't mention this as a possibility - they want all kinds of precautions taken against cold sores but nothing about this. I also had my upper eyes done, and the edges of my eyelids broke out in little bubbles like stys. They were very irritating and haven't completely gone away yet. All in all, it was $2000 for very little improvement and a lot of misery. I think if I had understood what could happen I would have just gone and had full CO2 laser. My sister had that a few years ago, had a great result and had no zits and stys. By the way, I am still pink/red also.
had smart x done 2 months ago whole face and neck no one tells you how long the down time is had deep treatment on upper lip and mouth face still very red upper lip is still painful and red also got a small lump on top lip that dont seem to get any better getting quite concerned wouldnt say to anyone have it done
how are you doing now, Rosina Ann? My grid scars that were caused by Smartxide are still very prominent and will never go away and I will never be able to wear summer dresses, v necks, bathing suits or anything that reveals it. I am so self aware of it and am always having to rethink my wardrobe and hide....it has ruined my life from that perspective.

How has this changed your life...?
it's made summer a NIGHTMARE I too was badly burned and can never wear sundresses, swimsuits or even normal blouses. This thing should be taken off the market. I am suing and go to trial December BUT the doctor that burnt me has no malpractice insurance. I had NO IDEA!
I am so, so sorry to read about your experience and see your photo. I was shocked. I truly think that one expert should've bothered to answer your question and I'm sorry you didn't get a reply - probably all have vested interests in the laser. Thank goodness he didn't do your face. I hope you are getting excellent treatment for your burns. No-one should have to go through what you went through. It certainly has put me off getting this laser full stop. I hope you can sue.
sorry - I missed the part about your top lip and eyes, I sincerely hope you manage to get this sorted out, quno.
Oh my god Smart Xide ruined my life as well. I struggled with bad acne after the treatment. Also got hyperpigmentation when I go in the sun. My face is a mess and I'm only 28.
please get in touch with me...I have some hope for you....I too was badly scarred and YES you can sue for disfigurement...this laser was not designed for use on neck or chest AND not for any redness....I have "been there done that" BUT there are things you can do that will help.

sue

suepoffinc@msn.com
It has almost been a year and a half since having Smartxide procedure done on neck and chest. Melasma on neck came back full force in the summer, even though I wear SPF 85 every single day and have for years. More importantly, the spiderman scarring on my chest has never recovered and is still as bad as a year ago. The doctor and team have tried treating it with IPL to reduce redness and used the Smartxide again just this past month saying it would remove the grid lines....it has not and I am thinking of packing it in.

I just went to see a plastic surgeon last week and he indicated that this scarring will never get better. The grid scarring will never go away and there is no hope.

Has anyone been successful in suing for disfigurement...? I am reading that sometimes Doctors just keep trying different things to keep your hopes up until the 2 year deadline for suing is up and then they tell you there is nothing else they can do for you.
DO NOT do IT!!! Promise it's not worth it...does more harm than good...many, many better options available...PLEASE
Thinking of having procedure done have anyone had it done with Dr. Lawrance Broader in Austin Texas???
Yep, Lots of new scarring on my neck and chest and to think I only paid $$$$$$$$$$ for it.
i am so so sorry...wish I could see your pictures..TAKE THEM! document too..I had ultrasound therapy on my neck and it "fixed" the bands that were forming from my neck to my chest..do you know what settings your doc used? hope you are doing well? if you want to reach me to talk...let me know k?
hate to tell you but the acne can occur for up to a year after...I am permanently scarred on chest, neck and my face has hypopigmentation. I am suing the doc that performed the dot therapy on me as I am having to have multiple OTHER laser treatments to try to get some improvement from the scarring. TERRIBLE it has almost ruined my life.
Did the procedure. I had a really hard time for about 5 days after. My eyes swelled shut and neck was very painful. I pretty much looked like a train wreck. No way could I put on make up at 5 day out. My skin looked very pink and smooth after about 9 days but I continue to have painful break outs and red spots. After the swelling went down the wrinkles came back and the only thing I can really say is that is removed my freckles and dark spots. I think a $500.00 peel would have accomplished that without the brand new acne and the week I lost. I am still having nasty deep acne, which I have never had in my life. So, results minimal, inconvenience maximal and cost $$$$. Nope. This is my gift to you. Don't do it.
How were your results Jane
I had smartxide three weeks ago. I agree the recovery was much worse than anticipated. I could not go out for a good ten days and was incredibly swollen. My face is still very red but can cover with eucerin redness control day cream with a green tinge that really hides the red very well. My neck and chest were done on a much lower setting and have completely recovered but at the same time I can't see any improvement either. My derm had told me I would need about three treatments on neck and chest because of lower setting. Did you have it done by a derm? Don't think should still be painful to touch or wash. THe skin on my face is just very dry but apart from that not uncomfortable. I'm not seeing my derm for another six weeks so don't think it's usual for you to still be seeing your dr. Have they said anything?