Smartxide-Dot, Not Worth It

Well I got my Smartxide procedure done 3 weeks...

Well I got my Smartxide procedure done 3 weeks ago, and Oh my God, it was the most painful thing I ve ever done in my life and Ive done a lot (Rynoplasty, Eye Laser, dental stuff, etc) anyway Im not sure why my procedure was so painful when i always read that it was not painful at all!!,, I was very surprised to feel how extremly uncomfortable that turned out to be..I felt like a baby because I cried so much during the procedure, i could not believe all the pain I was going thru.

Anyway I did my best to hold until the procedure was done, I finally the ddoctor was finished.. later on my face began to turn red like a tomato, I also want to mention that i did it because i wanted to get rid of some acne scars i had around my cheeks..the fist 3 days were not that bad the only con is that i could leave my home for all that time.. i did it a friday morning and by tuesday i was at work with a little make up on. anyway, the days went by I for my surprised I coulndt tell not even  a single difference in my face nor in my scars.. I could not believe that after paying all that money, and going thru all that suffering, my problem was even more evident because of all the red patches left in my face.. (i have fair skin by the way)..

And here I am 3 weeks later hopping to see any change but nothing. I went to my doctors yesterday and he told me that my scars were deeper that what he had thought, so he will have to do the whole procedure all over again.. so im not sure If i want to do that anymore,, I wish I just had the chemical peel done first,, because this did nothing at all for me.. thanks for reading

dermatologica tijuana

BlueBlue,

The doctor I went to the first two times was located in Chandler, Arizona. I then moved to the Pacific Northwest and decided to try a doctor who did the treatment locally to save money.

Allison
Hi Allison37, just one question why didnt you go to the same doctor the 3rd time you had the smartdot done?
Kendy, I hope you didn't go back to your doctor after he said "your scars were deeper than I thought". He should have known that in the first place!!! He obviously doesn't know what he's doing with the laser - he is supposed to change the breadth and depth of the laser as he moves along your face, to address different types of scars. He bought the laser and doesn't know how to use it? Truly scary. You couldn't pay me enough to go to him. I just had Smartxide and did research for a year to find my doctor, and he's an amazing artist with the laser.
hello, i just got my smartxide done today....and it's still red and tender, for the most part my skin looks burnt, since i am tanned skin they look like burnt little brown dots. don't know if this is normal...i guess i thought the dots would look white but....with that saying it looks like dead skin for the most part. in some areas, i have slight bleeding because the doctor used a little more aggressiveness there since i have acne scarring on my cheeks the most! i hope this is all worth it...i look in the mirror and realize how ugly i look!! i have to go back to work on tuesdsay. I will keep you guys postedd!! yes I finally jumped the gun and did it!!
Emmy, Smartxide was not a "farce" as you call it for me. If you click on my name you will see my other posts. I tried a lot of other things to address my acne scars and they did very little to help and some treatments I tried did damage. Given I have olive toned skin - chemical peels and a full laser treatment was not an option. I stand by my previous statements. Smartxide gave me a 60-80% improvement to my acne scars after 3 treatments. It changed my life profoundly. My acne scars made me very self conscious. I get noticed by men now. No one I meet today can believe I ever had bad skin. I cry for my younger self. I really wish Smartxide had been an option when I was 18. Again, the skill of the doctor using the laser is key. The doctor I went to the last time I had this treatment was not as good as the first doctor I went to. Different settings were used and those settings were not as effective. (Note: the settings I gave in previous posts were for the scared areas and not my entire face. At least three different settings were used by both doctors to address different areas/issues.) I will forever be grateful to the doctor who did my first two Smartxide treatments. After one treatment I knew my sking and life was going to better.
Save your money and get a $500.00 peel. Same results, way less pain and down time. I am not just trying to be negative. I just don't want to see this farce perpetuated. It does not work, is not worth it. It is painful, will take a minimum of 8-10 days out of your life and after the swelling goes down, all the wrinkles and scars are back plus some. The worst part is going back to the office where the staff, oohs and aahs and says wow you look so fabulous, your pores are so great, etc. and you know it is total crap. Not one other person, including yourself will notice any difference whatsoever, because there isn't any. The before and after pictures are taken in different lighting, with different background and the after is always scheduled for the afternoon when they know you will be wearing make-up. Then it is all about "waiting" for the collagen to miraculously regenerate. I knew better, I just wanted to believe it. I am out $3000.00, listen and learn.
any changes since then?? Im thinking about getting this treatment? Thanks.
Amy, I really believe the results are dependent on the skill of the person using the laser, your skin's elasticity, and the laser settings themselves. These are the parameters used the first two times I did it: 30 Watts, 350 Dot, 1100 msec. I believe those settings worked best for me. I am still recovering from a third treatment I did about 12 days ago. Different doctor, different settings. This time the setting were: 30 Watts, 300 Dot, 1200 msec. I am still very red and this recovery has been rough compared to the past two go rounds with the Smartxide. The scars I had also look exactly the same as pre-treatment this time round. It may be too early to tell though what result I will actually get. Right now I am not seeing it. My understanding is that the dots were closer together this time round. I am not sure if that is a good thing or not for addressing acne scars. My skin looks worse for wear 12 days later. Before I had the treatment my skin looked fantastic. No need for foundation or powder. I can't go out without something evening out my skin tone right now and I have a spat of acne on both cheeks as the cream is too rich. I am switching to my pre-treatment moisturiser tomorrow. Hopefully that will eliminate the acne. I really did get a huge improvement of my acne scars from the first two Smartxide treatments I did. It was and remains a blessing as it improved my life and confidence level so much. Good luck and keep me posted how it goes for you. Allison
hI allison, How is your skin now? The acne scars? Im thinking of having this done? Did it improve pigmentation?
Clive, Did you ever go through with a fractional laser treatment for your acne scars. If so, which one did you end up choosing and how was your results? I did a third Smartxide laser treatment yesterday. In the previous two treatments I got about a 70 to 80% improvement of the scars. The estimate changes depending on my mood - LOL. It has been life changing for me and my self esteem. I did the third treatment to get just a bit more of an improvement and to tighten up my facial skin. I hadn't noticed my face was falling until after I was no longer obsessed with my acne scars. The Smartxide dot laser treatment has changed my life for the better. I hope you find the results you are longing for as well. Just don't pay a ridiculous amount for the treatments - $1,000 per treatment MAX! Also go to someone who has successfully treated acne scars before. The settings used by the doctor and his or her experience is key. Allison
Hi Allison, Glad to see your post. I had the Smartxide done 6 months ago and really haven't seen too much improvement. I expressed my disapointment to my doctor and she insists I need a second more deeper treatment. I have severe acne scarring. I wasn't sure whether to try again but after reading your post I will. Maybe I was expecting too much with the first treatment? Glad you are happy with your results. Thanks- AMY
hi amy, any more info regarding this treatment would help! Im really thinking about getting this which my doc is charging me 2,000 for the first treatment!
Sorry Kendy that you didn't have any positive results at all. I had about a 20-30% improvement with the first Smartxide treatment I had and another 20-30% the second time around. I think I am sitting around at a 40-60% improvement. Its hard for me to remember how bad it was before until I see pictures. My improvement is very noticable to everyone around me. Some people have been gracious when commenting on it and others have been a bit more blunt (ie., "how did you fix your cheese grater face?" a not so nice comment). I am strong believer in looking for someone who has a track record with what you are trying to fix. There seems to be a huge difference in results from doctor to doctor. I think its less important what fractional CO2 laser technology they are using - although I chose Smartxide because it was gentle on olive toned skin. Allison