2 Inch Scar on Neck

I had a coolipo procedure done about 1 1/2 years...

I had a coolipo procedure done about 1 1/2 years ago on my neck area.  What happened to me is horrible!!!  The surgeon used too much heat with too many passes in the same area of my neck and it resulted in a terrible 2 inch V shaped burn scar.  The burn happened from inside of my skin and burned to the outside...imagine that?!!  I actually had a 2 inch in diameter hole in my neck as the wound was healing.

This particular Doctor said he was very familiar with this procedure and assured me of the results.  The side effects could be incision site scarring, numbness, and possible lumpiness.  The possibilites of burning me was not even considered or discussed as a possible complication.

The results other than the scar are good, however, I have lost 35 lbs so of course my neck looks good.

Ladies and gentlemen, please really do your homework, don't let this happen to you, even if you think your doctor seems well educated, has a beatutiful facility and has all the certificates on the wall, does not make him a great cosmetic doctor.

As far as my scar, it's still there and is very ugly.  The doctor has done nothing to fix the problem and I don't have the money to go find another doctor to help me.

I am Christine Stapley...not this person....I had Cool Lipo done by Dr. Virginia Stevens from Woodinville.....I dont know if she is back in practice as she had her license revoked for a period of time.....she was an alcholic and drug abuser practicing medicine....do Not go to Dr. Virginia Stevens....
mbC32 who was your doctor in Issaquah? I would like to get this done but don't want to go to that dr. Thanks
@mbC32 who was your doctor in Issaquah? I am planning on getting this procedure and do not want to go to this dr. Thanks
Huge regret! What have i done to my neck?! CoolLipo 10 days ago in Woodinville. I am going to contact a plastic surgeon to see if he can correct this mess. My neck is like jello...squishy, hangy, loose, saggy, worse than when i went in. Where does this loose skin go to? I also have a cut line in the neck. I am so distressed over what i have done to myself! I dont know if this skin is going to tighten up over time or just hang here like it is now.I am sorry to say i did not do research before jumping in with both feet!! My friend has recommended plastic surgeon Michael Leff in Bellevue, Washington. But, how long do i have to let this mess go on my face, neck before something can be done?!!!!!! I paid $2700 for this.
I just want to add one more thing. I think that these laser procedures can be safe (coolipo and smartlipo) as long as the surgeon knows what they are doing. I was unfortunate to have a surgeon who really had no clue as to how to use the coolipo machine correctly. Make sure that the surgeon has been trained by a medical professional on the use and not trained by reading the operating manual or listening to directions from a sales representive
I had cool lipo done 10 days ago in Woodinville. So far, it is a mess. My skin is very squishy, saggy,loose,hangy,and i see a definite "cut" line.Unter the jello squishy mess, the neck is hard as a rock. I still feel numb in areas. i am so distressed over this. After the procedure, nobody called to see how i was doing. I was very bruised for several days and very sore. I am thinking that i am going to have to go to a plastic surgeon to correct this horrible mistake. I should have gone to a plastic surgeon in the first place. I didnt do any research before jumping into this and am kicking myself now.
It was coolipo. And yes, after I have been researching, coolipo is very dangerous. I trusted the doctor that did this (I worked for him at one point)and he reasured me that coolipo was a very safe procedure and that he had been experienced with this procedure for 10 years. Can I have the name of your doctor in L A?
The female doctor that I saw and I really liked her is listed on here under Los Angeles Plastic Surgeons and her name is {edited}. The entire staff is female and they are just so nice. Wait till you see her before and after pictures she is a true artist. I am going to book with her around the holidays when I have help with the kids.I read another post on here and that is how I discovered her. Best of luck to you. -- Editor note: You must contact users privately to share this information. To contact another user, click on their username.
Do you know if it was Smartlipo or Cool lipo.I know I have done my homework and spoken to a female plastic surgeon in Los Angelels who is listed on her and she explained to me that the laser that Cool Lipo uses is very dangerous and the one Smartlipo uses is very safe and that the company has done alot of research. Let me know what you have found out.