Absolutely Love my Results!

I have been trying to get rid of my poochy tummy...

I have been trying to get rid of my poochy tummy for the past 10 years. Once I hit my 30’s, the fat settled into my belly and would not leave. I hike, bike, and workout about 5 times a week and am about 5’3’ and 118 pounds. The final straw was when my brother looked at my belly and asked me if I had happy news to tell the family. I had my SmartLipo procedure 6 weeks ago and have been happy with it from day one. I finally have a stomach that is in proportion to the rest of my body. The procedure itself is a blur since I was given something to relax during the surgery. I barely felt the shot, and, while I could feel things going on under my skin, it wasn’t uncomfortable. The worst part was the anxiety before the surgery. My husband picked me up afterwards and I spent the next few hours sleeping. The pain afterwards wasn’t even bad enough for me to take Tylenol. That said, I had to wear things that did not cause pressure on my stomach for a couple of weeks. I found skirts to be most comfortable. The websites on SmartLipo say that there is no down time and I have read that on this site also. I think it depends on your definition of down time. I had the surgery on a Friday and was able to go back to work on Monday, but I certainly could not do many of my regular activities. The day after the surgery, I felt like I had done way too many sit-ups. My abs were really sore and I felt sluggish. I did have enough energy to go shopping on Sunday. Bending over to pick up something off of the floor or to do laundry was really uncomfortable. It took about a week for me to be comfortable bending. I am very active and not being able to ride my bike or work out for 2 or 3 weeks counts as down time to me. It took about three weeks before I could comfortably workout, and, even at 6 weeks, I swell up after mountain biking. At six weeks, my skin is still a little tender, but I am feeling like the healing is 90% complete. The photos show the night before the surgery and me at 6 weeks post surgery. Keep in mind that I looked flatter on Saturday morning before I went mountain biking, so my photo does reflect some swelling. Even with the swelling, I am so much smaller than I was before the surgery. I no longer start my day with, “What combination of pants and top will hide my belly the best”. That is a great feeling! I am rating the pain as uncomfortable because I think that the recover pain level needs to be reflected in the rating.

Hi Chynadoll13 I am so happy to run across your post. How are you doing? I am having hi def on my abs and flanks with Millard in June. How was your recovery? Is he really good??
Balsuz, I have some hardness, but it is only day 9. No one else can see it. I can just feel it.
Any hardness? I have hardness under the sking where I had smartlipo & am worried to have anymore done.
I had Dr. Millard and he was wonderful. Nothing but great things to say about him. I only had mine a week ago. The only thing I don't like is this weird fat pocket below my belly button....it looks like an alien life form in there. I'm serious! When does THAT go away?
can you give me an update of your pain happy tummy.
which is the before & after pic...you lookm great in both.
Hi, I noticed you live in Colorado and was wondering who performed your Smart Lipo procedure. I was thinking of getting Smart Lipo done and so far have only found Dr. William Merkel in Grand Junction who performs it. Any info. you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks!
I went with Dr. John A. Millard in Lone Tree, Colorado. He is great and his staff is excellent. I felt very comfortable with them and don't think I could have found a more experienced and supportive team. Check them out!