St. Louis Smartlipo - Done 2x Didn't Work-Dr. Won't Refund

A local clayton Dr. advertised Smartlipo on...

A local clayton Dr. advertised Smartlipo on the radio.  I made an appointment for my free consultation.  The woman that I met with assured me that I would be able to acheive a flat stomach, while sitting down, if I had smartlipo done to my upper and lower abs.  First sugery was August 07 with no results by February 08 the Dr. advised he would go in and do it again.  He said sometimes it takes a second treatment for it to work.  So I had it done again only this time he said he used a larger instrument.  The recovery time for this procedure was horribly painful.  I had to take off work for a week.  Bruising, bloody, and couldn't sleep because it was so painful.  It is now 5 months later and I have little to no results.

I wrote a letter indicating that this didn't work on me and I wanted a refund to pursue other options.  They replied with a no.  Wait til August and we'll see what happens.

Besides reporting this to the BBB, is there any other action that I can take in order to get a refund.  I'd really like to avoid hiring a lawyer but if that is my only course of action, I will do it..   The only thing I have to show for my 4,200 are 4 small scars on my stomach.

Any advise would greatly be appreciated.

Dr in Clayton