Smartlipo Not Worth the Money or Time.

I had Smartlipo done on my hips and outer thighs...

I had Smartlipo done on my hips and outer thighs in September 2008. During the procedure, I was in a lot of pain. The doctor would reach an area that was not completely numb and it would hurt like hell. Every time this happened, I would let him know that I was in pain. He would stop and inject something to numb the spot.

When he got to my left side, he stopped numerous times. I was in so much pain that I started crying and shaking and the heart monitor started beeping like crazy. He finally gave up and said that he would just have to let the left side drain because he couldn't get it numb enough. What?! It did not drain and my left thigh is noticeably bigger than the right thigh.

The recovery was so easy. I was never in pain. But, there is zero results. I look the same as I did before the surgery, except now, my thighs are lumpy. AND, I've gained weight in my stomach and I've went up a size in pants.

At my follow up appointments, I made it clear that I was not satisfied with the results. Unfortunately, the doctor that did my surgery no longer works at the facility I went to and I am tough out of luck. I only got to see him at my post-op appointment, after that, he was gone. He's not even doing cosmetic surgery anymore! If I want the procedure fixed, I have to pay again to have someone at that same facility perform the surgery.

If I knew then what I know now, I would never have done this.

The doctor that did my surgery is no longer performing cosmetic surgery. I wonder why.....

Thanks Slim, I'll look into that. And CLN, it was not done in San Diego. Weird that the same thing would happen at two different facilities. I actually just met with the original Doc today and he told me that he was unaware of what was going on. He no longer has a license to perform cosmetic surgery and no longer carries malpractice insurance. He basically told me that I was screwed with the $1,200 fee because even patients that experience complications have to pay again. I don't know what to do!!
Would you please be a little more specific as to the location of the facility....I have a feeling I may have had this procedure done at the same location with same horrible results and experience. I am now in the process of pursuing legal action and would really like to know if others had this same experience. Was the facility in San Diego and if so was it in the Carmel Valley area?
Dear POinCA So sorry to hear about you mishap. If I was you the facility would have to honor his work, where I went they have it in the contract that if you are not happy then you can come back in 4 months at a cost of $500.00. Call and see what happens. good luck
Amy, I just had smartlipo some days ago. The proceture was ok, bearable. BUt I do not see any result yet. How about you? how long did you see a difference? thanks.
i'm so sorry to hear about your experience. sounds like you had a horrible doctor who didn't know what he was doing. smart lipo is a wonderful thing, if you have an experienced, well-trained doctor. good luck.