Only on Day 3 but So Far, It Was Worth It

I had my smartlipo procedure done on Thursday, Aug...

I had my smartlipo procedure done on Thursday, Aug 28th at 7:00am.  Let me tell you, I was scared to death.  My first mistake was watching a video on utube so that was all that I could think about when I got there.  First I put on a gown, they measured me, took pictures and drew the guidelines on me.  Then I got two shots.  One was to relax me and I guess it really worked because the next thing I remember is them walking me to the bathroom, then walking me to the or room.  I layed down, they covered me from head to toe and left only my belly showing.  Ever so often they would ask if I was ok and I was.  They were doing something that felt like a meat grinder rolling up and down my belly but there was no pain.....The next thing I knew was my husband waking me up at home, in my own bed.  Honestly the only thing that hurt were the two shots before hand.  The procedure, I slept through it.  I sure thought I would be awake for the whole thing but I wasn't.  Actually, my husband said I was talking but it wasn't making much sense so maybe I was awake, who knows.  Awake or not, I don't remember and I didn't feel any pain so I am a happy camper.  Now at home, I am sore but it's like having cuts or sunburn. The worst is the ozzing and the smell.  I couldn't wait to get that thing off.

So here I am at day 3:  I've removed  the garment, taken a shower, put hydro peroxide on all my incisions, 6 to be exact.  I thought I was only having 4 but got 6.  2 under my breast, 2 on hips, 2 on upper buttocks and 2 on lower back.  I guess the last two were for the flanks.  I feel great.  I was able to take the garment off myself but I did it really slow and was sitting at the time.  I've also put Neosporin on the incisions.  Once my garment has air dryed, I will put it back on.

So far so good.  I'll continue to update as I progress.

Sept 3 - Day 7 post op I just returned from my...

Sept 3 - Day 7 post op

I just returned from my follow up visit and the doc says everything looks great.  He basically  just looked at my incisions and my shape.  Appt was short and quick.  I told him about how painful my $140 garment has been and when he saw the indentions on my sides, he told me to stop wearing it and to go buy some spanx (more money, more money).  He told me to wear the spanx during the day and then nothing at night.  He said that I am able to get back to my normal activity except to not do anything that involved jumping or aeroebic type exercising.  He said that something like pilates and yoga would be great as well as just walking 20-30 minutes a day.  I asked him about massaging and he said I could start doing that as well.  I still don't feel any lumps or bumps yet like I did with Lipodissolve though.

I asked him how much they removed and he said 1730 (cc's, I guess) almost a half gallon.  He laughed and said that he would have never thought he would have gotten that much out of such a small girl.  The day of the procedure, I weighed 130.  He told me that if I watch what I eat and exercise that realistically, I should always weigh between 125 and 130.  That's bascially what I've weighed for the past 3 years but it was just that darn pouch.  Honestly, to me, it looked like a little beer belly.  It was gross and I don't even drink beer :-D  He also said that I was coherent during the whole procedure as I answer questions and turned as I needed to.  I told him that I didn't remember anything and he said that's what he likes to hear, no one should remember going through surgery  :-)

I did notice today that I have very vague bruises on my flanks but other than that, I've had none.  My stomach and sides are still pretty sensitive to touch..as if they are bruised on the inside maybe.  I guess this is to be expected.  The pain I do have though is tolerable.

I go back in 3 months and then they'll weigh, measure and take pictures.

I am still very happy with my decision to go through with this.  I am excited to see my results as the swelling goes down.  LIke I said previously though, even with the swelling, I can tell a tremendous difference in the appearence of my stomach.  i can't wait for the day I can say good-bye to the grandma/pregnant looking tunic tops and say hello to a tight tank top and not have to worry about my beer belly and muffin top  :-D

Still a happy customer,

~Sarthur

Sept 17th - 3 week tomorrow post op Sorry I...

Sept 17th - 3 week tomorrow post op

Sorry I haven't updated in a while but due to the hurricane, there has been lots going on.  I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm doing great.  I am EXTREMELY happy with my results.  My clothes fit or in some cases, are even to big now.  I am able to do like cardio and any strength training.  My stomach still looks a little strange but it's flat and that was what I was going for.  I'm sure in time, it will look back normal again.  Still 'Worth it' to me!!

~sarthur

Hello are you allowed to share the name of your provider or give clues as to how I can contact him/her for the procedure?
Would you please provide the name of your doctor? Thanks! Gigi
Are you still happy with your lipo results? If so, will you please furnish me the name and phone no. of your physician?
I definitely don't recommend my dermatologist. I did smart lipo on my abd. and flanks. After 4months of wearing the garment, I still ended up with a small saggy spare tire and uneven fat removal on the flanks!
Who was your dr?
Can I get the name of the doctor and the phone number please??
will you please give me the name of the doctor that did your smartlipo. thanks texaslady
Thanks, I checked it out. Your bruising was just like mine, really bad in the lower abs. I will also write a review about our doctor. I liked her a lot. I went to others for consultation and just like you, after i visited with her, I knew that she will be the one. After thinking about it only for a couple of days i went ahead and shceduled my procedure and I am glad I did. Thanks for sharing the pics! No, they did not mention any creams at all. I am just using the Nivea skin firming with Q10 to massage my stomach every evening with.
Luzan, Thank you for reminding me of what they had said about touch ups and trying to make sure that the results were as good as can be - yes they told me that as well, but i did not even think about that until now. My bumps, the "orange peel" skin has improved a lot, but it still does not look that great. Yes, my lower abs look kind of wrinkly, i am assuming because of loose skin. I think it looks like that becasue there is not a lot of fat filling it out anymore (yeah!!!!!). I am not sure how much more that can improve since I am nearing month 2 postop. They do say that it can take up to 6 months for the final results.....but we will see on my follow up what they say. Now, I am more excited about my next visit with them that you reminded me of what they had said. The one thing is, while I had some pain, it was not nearly as bad as what you are describing. But from reading all the comments here, it looks like that everybody is reacting differently to the procedure. For example it is amazing that sartur does not have bruising or the lumps, while both you and I have had a lot of bruising. Keep us posted how things are going with you as well. I have been keeping in touch with sarthur as well. It is nice to be in it together to be able to "compare notes". :-) Do you also live than in the Houston area?

This is the first cosmetic procedure I've ever done and probably my last - it's so expensive! Anyway, because of how much money this all cost, I really wanted to make sure that I chose a surgeon that would didn't nickel and dime me if things needed touch ups. One of the reasons I chose who I did. So hopefully if it comes down to it getting a touch up won't be a big deal. Yes, I am in the Houston area and I agree that it's super helpful to have someone to compare notes with!

I'll be really interested to see what the doc says on your follow-up re: your skin. They seemed very open to doing touch up's and making sure the results were as good as can be so hopefully they'll be able to do something so that you are happy with how your skin looks. Have you had any recommendations for creams or anything you can rub on your skin to help? Is it loose skin or the actual texture of the skin? I keep hearing the term "orange peel" skin w/lipo patients but I don't know what that means. I just can't wait until I'm not in so much pain! Bending over and walking around still hurt a lot. I'm so nervous that someone will bump into me or something which would probably cause me to faint from pain. I have noticed that massaging really helps the bumps I have - but it is very hard to do because it hurts. I'll take a painkiller and then do my best, sometimes it feels like I am massaging my belly with red hot pokers :) At this point I can't imagine NOT wearing my compression garment. It keeps things from painfully jiggling around and, I don't know, just makes me feel like I have a protective barrier or something. Obviously I am wearing it 24-7 now and we'll see where I am with it a week from now when I am allowed to just wear it 10 hours a day. I suspect I'll still wear it most of the time. It's Day 5 and the swelling has gone down a tiny bit. My waist is a 29.5 and my hips are still a 36. Pre-op was W 29, H 35.
Hello Luzan and sarthur, I had my upper and lower abs by the same doc as you luzan on July 17t. The results are great. I still have small hard lumps and my skin is still a little wrinkley. I was really bruised for a really long time and swollen. I have not done a really good job wth the massaging at the beginning because it felt really uncomfortable. Now I am massaging the area every day for approximately 5 minutes - I am not sure if it makes a difference or not. I have not noticed any :-). I am still wearing my compression garment on most nights. it really does not bother me, so I figured why not. I think I have my follow up on Sept 17th. So far i am happy, at least with clothes on I look great, without clothes...hmmm...I need a little more improvement to be 100% happy. But all in all it has been great. But definately it is not as easy as they market it. I am 37, 117 pounds, 5'2", 2 kids (a 1 and a 5 year old), before procedure my waist was 30 and now I am down to 27.5. (pre-babies I was a 27, so I would say that is a pretty amazing result!). The jury is still out on the appareance of my skin in the next couple of weeks....great to hear about both of your experiences!!!!
I have done no massaging. I'm not sure I would be able to at this point. I know that at some point I am suppose to so I guess they'll tell me tomorrow. I'm feeling right now and don't really notice any lumpiness but i know what you are talking about. I had it with the Lipodissolve. They did eventually all go away. I think it's very unrealistic to say that you can go back to work the next day. Hell, the meds haven't even worn off by then from the procedure..at least they hadn't for me. Maybe I'm just a lush :-D Having anything done to the chin seems like it would really hurt. Let me know how it goes. I'm sure just like with all the other parts of us though, it will just take time for the swelling to go down. Stay positive!!
Make that 8 incisions, not 6.
I am very excited for you and wish you great results! I am glad we are in it together to be able to compare "notes". A :-).
How is the bruising? I had smartlipo with vaser done last friday and I am really bruised and sore. My belly is super tender. Are you the same?
Amazingly enough, I have had no bruising. I am pretty tender though, especially on my sides. My garment is killing me there. Seems like they would put the zippers in the back somehow for people who have their flanks done. Today is my first day at work so everytime I get up out of my chair, it's a little painful where the creases are in the garment. I am happy with my results even with the swelling. I'm excited to see what I look like without the swelling. Overall, my experience has been a good one. The procedure itself was a piece of cake. I was expecting so much worse. I go tomorrow for my one week follow up. After reading lots of posts here, it seems strange to me how different everyones experience was. Some say they go to lunch afterwards, carry on conversations during procedure...I was knocked completely out and didn't wake up till about 8pm that night. I don't remember leaving the office, the ride home or any conversations after they got started. I noticed that you had your chin done. How was that? Were you awake? Is there bruising there? How is the swelling? I have been chatting with AV that also used the same doctor you did. It has been great having someone to talk to that went through it too. I'm sure she'd be happy to chat with you too. You can find her listed as one of my comments or in the list of Worth its. Just a little about me: 41 yrs old 130lbs Had upper & lower abs done and flanks. 1 child - 3 1/2 years Look forward to hearing about your progress.
I was awake for everything, even the chin. And I remember mostly everything. it was a long day so some pieces of conversation are lost but I was very lucid! Yes, my chin is very tender and bruised. Bummer. When I first took off the compression garment it looked great but quickly got puffy - now it looks no different than pre-op. I don't know if it's due to swelling or what - guess I'll just have to wait and see. Ice and compression have made no difference. I'm not that stressed about it though because I trust that if it needs to be fixed, my doctor will take care of it. It IS really interesting to see the difference in everyone's experience. I needed more time off than I originally anticipated and I still worry a little about how it will be to go back to work (I have a very active job). but I'll just see how it goes one day at a time. have you had lots of hard lumpiness? Are you massaging? I am trying but, whew, it hurts!