Was Worth is

I was on the website quite often before my...

I was on the website quite often before my procedure and wanted to share my experience with all those that might be considering it.

I chose my doctor because he was a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience with laser procedures. I also felt he was very genuine about the results I expected. The patient coordinator was also very knowledgeable and answered all the questions I had prepared. I felt they were not pushy to book when I told them I wanted to wait and obtain more information.

I decided to get Smart Lipo with Vaser on my inner thighs and abdominal area. I do not consider myself to be overweight.  I’m 24, 5’3, 130lb and more on the light muscular/curvy side.  I have aways  wanted my abdominal area to be flatter.  I also run and was tired of my inner thighs rubbing together. =)

My procedure was scheduled for a Friday morning in August. About one hour before my procedure I was injected with Ativan (to help me keep calm) and a pain med. I was then lead to the procedure area. After being prepped for the surgery and laying down on the surgery table, things got a “little fuzzy”. I remember being awake for the whole procedure and feeling the doctor move the probe around but there was little to no pain felt. Every once in awhile the doctor or assistant would ask me if I was okay or feeling any pain but I felt fine.  After the procedure was done, I was placed in the compression garment and went to the recovery area.  I slept for about a hour until I was picked up by my friend.

Once I came home around 3, I popped 2 pain pills and slept until the next day. The most uncomfortable part for the next couple of day was the itchy sensation on my stomach. I could not scratch it because of garment. If felt great to be able to shower on day 2 because that meant I could take off the garment for a couple of minutes. Every time I took off the garment to clean the openings, I would place anti-itch cream all over my stomach area. That helped a little bit.

It was also difficult to sit down/lay down then stand back up since my abdominal area was still very swollen. I was able to move around very slowly and take walks around my home and the mall the day after the surgery. I think these light movements help me to recover faster. I was back to my regular routine by Monday, though still sore in the abdominal and thigh area.

I was discouraged at first with the results in the mirror. Everything looked the same, even after my 4 day follow up. My doctor measured me and I had lost 3 inches, even with all the swelling. He told me the  final results would take a couple of weeks to 6 months. I knew this but was still wanted to see more of a difference.

It’s now over a week and I have noticed a significance difference. My abdominal area is a lot flatter, thought my thighs just a little slimmer. I am anxious for the final results.  The openings are now becoming very scabby. Some wounds are very tiny and thin, like a line a marker would make, and some are larger like the end of a pencil eraser. I have hard areas were the fat was taken away but they are expected to go away with time as well. I try to massage them a couple of times a day. Can anyone tell me if they really go completely away and how long it takes?

I would definitely recommend Smart Lipo.  Do your research on the doctor and procedure. Go with someone who makes you comfortable. In closing:

Pros: Limited discomfort and fast recovery if you are willing to do light walking and movements, scars will not be large, you are awake throughout the procedure and know what’s going on

Cons: Expect difficulty getting up and down (it helps to have someone pull you up after you’ve been sitting down), the garment is HORRIBLE, you will itch like crazy throughout the night

Please feel free to leave me a message. I will answer what I can.

MissH

Sona Med Spa

DO NOT DO THIS PROCEDURE. I had Smart Lipo with Vaser done on August 1, 2008. I could hardly move for MONTHS. Now my abdomen area is ruined for the rest of my life. Lumpy in some spot, soft in the upper area near belly button (muffin top). I have scar tissue that gives me constant pain. The procedure was horrifying, awake the whole time and painful and very scary. He had horrible bedside manner during the surgery. They said it would only take a month to recover and i would be right back to work that following Monday. Thank god i don't work b/c there is NO WAY I would have made it. I curse my decision every day....and a very costly one...try $12,000!!!! I got diagnosed with Fibromyalgia a few months ago and this just made my health so much worse. Please....just get into a gym! The only part I recommend is the inner thighs (and mine don't match either).
I live in Houston and have been considering this procedure. Would you mind sharing your Dr's name?
Hi Tatz, Our doctor directory lists reviews (positive and negative) and provider recommendations. Definitely a good starting point for finding people that were happy with their procedure. Hope this helps, --Sharon
I would like to know the name of the doctors of people that is satisfyed.
I am considering scheduling an appt. I have had regular lipo done and breast augmentation. My plastic surgeon did not listen to me at all and did lipo on my butt instead of my outer thighs. So not instead of a small waist with a big bottom and thighs I have a mini butt and feel not proportioned. I met with a doctor today and was going to have my abs,flanks and thighs done to make my body more proportionate again. I am pretty small to begin with about 5'2 and curvy. I was wondering if you were still happy with it and if the lumpiness and hardness went away. That is one thing that I didn't have to deal with in the lipo. Everything felt like normal tissue so I am concerned about some of the posts I have read about being lumpy and hard. I think I would rather not look the best and feel normal versus feeling lumps and things but looking better.
I am having my abs and love handles done. I got it for $5500. It was $4000 an area then a $2000 discount for having more than one area done. And then a $500 discount because I had Lipodissolve done and it didn't work. (Internet special at the time I booked) ~SLA

I'm 5'2, curvy (hips and thighs). I'm interested in having smartlipo done in Houston. I mainly want my abdominal/waist area and thighs done. I would like to know how on average how much did your procedure cost and was there a special going on at the time? I see that the Sona MedSpa has a special going on right now. I was just wondering. Thanks!

You sound kinda like me body type! I got the same thing done. $4000 is for the first area and each additional area is $2400. They do offer a $500 discount, which I used torwards my Vaser. Ask your consultant about it. FYI- Houston weight loss &lipo center ( {edited} ) is about the same price as well. First area is always $4000 then $2000 for additional area and 10% discount. BUT- they charge for upper and lower abs. Sona charges it as one area. I always wish people would list the prices so I hope this helps! Editor note: you must contact users privately to share this information. To contact users privately click on their username.
Hi, I am also having my procedure done by Sona Med Spa this coming Thursday. Did Dr Rodriguez do your procedure at the Bellaire office? Look forward to hearing about your progress. ~SLA
Hi SLA, Yes, I did have my procedure with Dr. {edited} on Aug. 8. It has been about 3 weeks now. My abdominal area has flattened out a lot more, though the area is still very hard. I have no pain or discomfort at all now. My thighs are thinner but not as much as I thought they would be. I don't know if they will shrink more like my stomach. The openigs are healing niecely. I suggest you put a bandage on them so the neosporin will not get on your clothes. I would still highly recommend smart lipo, due to the results and fast recovery. I thought {edited} was very professional and friendly. I hope you like him as your doctor as well. Editor note: You must contact users privately to share this information. To contact a user privately click on their username.
Good luck with your procedure!
August 29th I had my procedure done yesterday by {edited}. Let me tell you, I was scared to death. I made the mistake of watching the video of it on UTube and that's all I could see going around and around in my mind. Anyway, I received the 2 shots which hurt as any shots do. They took me to the or room and wiped me down with disinfecting stuff, had me lay down with my hands on my breast or behind my head which was the only place they were allowed t ogo. Then all I remember is them doing something that felt like they were running a meat grinder up and down and across my stomach. No big deal there...then the next thing I knew, I woke in my bed at home. I must have passed out...which I'm thankful for. It's been 24 hours and I have drained quite a bit. I have a shower curtain down with towels on that then an ond sheet on top of that. I feel fine laying down but getting out of bed and walking around is challenging right now. I know it will get better with time. I'm going to wait before I post whether it was worth it or not because it's just to early to tell right now. I am very happy with {edited} and his whole staff. They were very helpful and answered all the questions I had. I'll continue to update as I heal then I'll post a WIWI. ~slarthur Editor note: If you would like to review your experience with a particular provider or clinic, please write your treatment review and enter the provider or clinic name in the field provided.
I’m glad your procedure went well. Don’t be discouraged about your results at first. On my 3 day follow-up I felt and looked exactly the same due to the swelling. After week 2, the swelling went down significantly and I was very happy. My abdominal area was very flat! I was told it takes up to 6 months for final results. Hang in there. Try to keep on the compressing garment as long as you can. It will help with the swelling and make everything heel smooth. If you can, try to walk around your home. The sooner you move around, the faster you will recover. When you can shower and clean your incisions, place a bandage over the openings. That way the Neosporin can stay on longer. Dr. R didn’t tell me to do this but I found it to be helpful. I hope you have a speedy recovery! MissH
I will be removing the garment today for the first time. I can't wait. The smell is awful. Now you said to put bandages on the incisions, my paper work says to not put bandages on them EVER. I'll ask at my follow up, it seems to only make sense to me especailly if they aren't placed on there tight. I been getting up a few times here and there but will more today. I have my follow up on Wed at the Sugar Land location. Since I was asleep thru most of it I have lots of questions. I don't even know how much was removed. I also want to weigh today when I get this garment off. Thanks for chatting with me. Lets keep in touch.
Would love to here how you are progressing. I am thinking of doing this in about a month or so