Smart Lipo with Vaser on Upper/lower Abs and Sides

I had smart lipo with vaser done on Friday...

I had smart lipo with vaser done on Friday (11-21-08). I can already see great results. I am not downing this procedure but I'm not happy with the marketing. They make it sound so easy. My questions/concerns are about the recovery. "They" say you can have it done Friday and go to work on Monday. NOT if you have your stomach done (in my opinion).

I am scheduled to have my inner and outer thighs done on Tuesday but I am nervous to go through this again. I am in a LOT of pain and discomfort. So much that as of now I am cancelling my thigh appt. During the procedure it was very, very uncomfortable. There would be the occasional jab like feeling. I could always handle a lot pain but I can't say that anymore after having this done. It definitely made me rethink what I could handle.

Overall, yes the procedure worked and the Dr was great. Would I recommend the DR- YES? Would I recommend the procedure? I can't answer that.

Question#1- Does it make a difference in recovery when they do this procedure on a larger person? (if they only did a small area, someone who only had a tiny pouch, would it make a difference?)

Question#2- Can someone write back to me their experience about there inner and outer thigh smart lipo?

very caring,very thorough,takes his time,very patient,

My Doctor is located in NY
Who was your Dr. you went to?? Are there any great referrals for any Dr's in the Tampa Bay area??
Hi, I am 12 days postop today. The swelling is down a lot, but still there a bit. I can wear my regular clothes, but they are TIGHT... Tighter then before I had the proceedure done..LOL I notice lots of hard areas and lumps thru-out. I have a post-op appt. tonight, so I will see what he says and report back....
My stomach did go down and up and down. That's what it seemed like anyway. But overall, it did go down. The part that I noticed was my upper thighs. I guess upper saddlebags? They seemed to get swollen. I couldn't tell if they got bigger becasuse my stomach got smaller or did they just get swollen? The other factor to that is i wore a bathing suit style garment which cuts into the sides of my upper legs which, of course, makes the "bags" stick out even further. Which makes me think about getting my thighs done- but NO WAY!!!! Are you getting any better?
Awe, thanks for the reply. Was your tummy bigger for a while before it went down? I guess I just wasn't expecting this part and it is frustrating.
Georgette G- hang in there. i'm now on day 26. I still have some numb areas.I still can't go all day without wearing my garment. I tried and regretted it. I was just very uncomfortable all day.My sillouette is amazing.I am still a little bumpy and I do have hard areas but I have read that that will go away. But, overall, I agree- it IS NOT a walk inthe park like they market it. Good luck.
I totally agree that everywhere you read they make this sound like a walk in the park. Here I am one week later after upper and lower abs done and flanks and I am so sore. Getting in and out of the car is hard, lying down is hard and I'm so frustrated that I look so big. Bigger now then before I had it done. I am hoping to be someone that can post in a couple of weeks that this was worth it. Rite now I am kind of upset. My doc guaranteed me it went great and I will be very happy so I sure hope so. My sister had it done yesterday by the same doc in all the same places and she is not near as swollen as I was/ and still am. I guess everyone reacts differently...
I went to my follow up appt today. Today was actually the day to have my thighs done but I cancelled. I am trying to decide if I should cancel all together or just postpone the procedure. I am hearing from a lot of unhappy people who did their thighs. Is there anyone out there who is about 2months or more post op from having their thighs done? Are you happy or still healing?3 months or more is a long time to keep your legs covered up- especially living in FL.
Hi LadyJake, I fully support your concern with respect to delaying having your thighs done. I did inner, outer, front and back on 7/1 and am still not fully healed. I have some scar tissue in both inner thighs, a little loose skin on the front of both thighs near my knees, bad discoloration on the inside of both thighs and I still have days when the front of both thighs are sore. I also had my upper arms done 7/9 - a much easier procedure for me, but if I had it to do over again I'd definately space out the procedures. My doctor and many who have commented on this site will tell you that thighs are the most difficult to recover from, so if you are still uncomfortable from your ab procedure I'd give it some time. Additionally, since my doctor and I were not totally pleased with the results of my thigh procedure she has been doing weekly LipoEx treatments on me to try to break down the scar tissue, further tighten the loose skin and aid in the healing process. I'm looking pretty good in jeans, but no where near ready to venture out in shorts. Insofar as your pain is concerned, I know every individual is different, but even having a total thigh job and upper arms done I can't say I ever felt pain. Discomfort, feeling so swollen I thought my legs would split open, soreness - yes, but no pain. Perhaps you might consider a consult with a different doctor before you move ahead with having your thighs done. One last comment ... I totally agree with everyone's opinion on the marketing of SmartLipo. It is definately not a lunchtime procedure, or even a quick fix with a couple of days for recovery. Best of luck with your recovery and keep us posted. This site has provided a wealth of information for me.
Hi LadyJake, I couldn't agree with you more on the Marketing. I also think delaying your appointment is smart. I consider myself pretty tough and just could not face another surgery for quite some time. I am thinking 3-6 months before I do my thighs. My abs still hurt at 3 week post op and I see if taking several months before I feel 100%. Good luck on your recovery! Keep us posted.
LadyJake, I cannot say whether the outer thighs was worth it because I only had my inner thighs done; the recovery process has been longer than I expected on both procedures I had (stomach & inner thighs). if you did not do them together then perhaps you may want to wait until you are healed. I would not recommend going through one then another procedure a few weeks (or days) later. It has been 4 weeks for me tomorrow and I'm still not fully recovered. I'm still not sure if it was worth it on the inner thighs or the stomach as it is still what I would call "bumpy"; I'll update as I go along.
Hey I just had my inner and outter thights done take a look at my post. I hope this helps "Smart Lipo was NOT worth it: Smartlipo on inner and outer thighs, very painful!" by cgorman